Windows 7 My keyboard doesn't work... until I uninstall the driver for it.

Tomi Peltonen

I have an Acer Aspire 7535G laptop and a few days ago my keyboard stopped working. It works when I type in the password to log in to the OS, but after that the keyboard stops working. My quick fix is to uninstall the driver and let it reinstall its driver, which works and I can use my keyboard again.

But then again, when I turn the comp off and start it up again, the problem reoccurs. Oh and also, the touchpad mouse doesn't work either, not a great loss since I use an external mouse, but it could tell something on what the problem is.

So, to recap:

PROBLEM: Keyboard and touch-screen mouse don't work
COMPUTER: Acer Aspire 7535G
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit, 4GB RAM, AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core 2.10GHz processor

BW,

noob

I was having the exact same problem with the exact same Acer model, and I just did a BIOS update and that seemed to fix my keyboard and touchpad. This is the link where I got the updates Download

Hope this helps!!!

Might also try to update the Touchpad and mouse drivers. Acer should have drivers for the Touchpad (I know Sony does for our laptops). The mouse manufacturer should be able to supply the latest drivers for the mouse.

If you still have this issue ive had loads of laptops come in with same problem . As windows 7 installs it loads separate drivers for keyboard and mouse and these sometime conflict with keyboard and mouse .Just go to manufacturers website and download there drivers and install then go to add remove program's and uninstall all related drivers except the ones you have just installed. This happens especially if the install disc is not genuine as extra drivers have been added that are not compatible. Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom