Windows 10 My taskbar is broke please help

JackAntrobus

If you take a look at the screen shot below you can see that there is no taskbar below the internet app i have open so i cannot click on other apps i have on my task bar. If there is any help please help i really need it.

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-5_1-54-18.png
    upload_2017-7-5_1-54-18.png
    2 MB · Views: 412
the task bar is still there... it just doesn't show when in apps

i cannot click on other apps i have on my task bar
you can use the quick launch to switch between | open apps... taking my system as an example, pressing [windows key] + [1] will open internet explorer, [2] = file browser and [4] is the Microsft store

Screenshot (1149).png

the task bar is still there... it just doesn't show when in apps

you can use the quick launch to switch between | open apps... taking my system as an example, pressing [windows key] + [1] will open internet explorer, [2] = file browser and [4] is the Microsft store

View attachment 35032

Yes i know that it is possible but i want to get the task bar to be there when i alt tab on games/apps

Then most likely your W10 is damaged, compromised by virus/malware, windows registry corruption, or suffering from failing hardware such as a failed RAM stick(s) or Hard Drive. Did this computer come with W10 pre-loaded on it from the factory? Or did you upgrade it from an earlier windows version such as W7 or W8x? If this is the case, your computer could be as old as 8 years old this year (W7=2009). If you are the original owner of this computer and you have never replaced the hard drive yourself or paid a Tech to do so for you, it is VERY likely it has failed and you need to conduct hardware testing to confirm the drive is still Ok. Usually, they are not, and you should know that modern hard drives are only designed to last for 3 years in desktop PCs!:eek: And only 2 years in laptops/tablets!o_O

Personally, we recommend the first thing you do is to use whatever AV program you are running (Windows Defender, Norton, Avast, McAfee, TrendMicro, etc.) and scan/remove all found viruses. Next, visit malwarebytes.org and download and run the free Antispyware MALWAREBYTES; scan/remove all found spyware viruses. Reboot your PC and see if your taskbar reappears; if it does you simply had a virus causing the problem (there are lots of spyware viruses that specifically take out the task bar now in W10), and you're all set to go! :up:

If the problem persists, you need to FIRST BACKUP ALL YOUR PERSONAL DATA (LIBRARY FOLDERS) TO EXTERNAL MEDIA IN ORDER TO AVOID IRRETRIEVABLE DATA LOSS IN CASE OF A PROBLEM!! This is a really good idea to do BEFORE you attempt any advanced Windows repairs and any kind of Hardware testing. ;)

Once you've made sure all your stuff is backed up safely, you can you need to try more advanced software solutions such as running CHKDSK /R, and SFC /SCANNOW along with variants of the DISM command which you can google or search here on WF. Run all 3 of these repairs and retest. If the problem goes away, you had some windows system file corruption and you are now good to go.:up: Remember that depending on the age of your hardware and your hard drive, it may take up to 3 times running these commands in sequence to fix your problem.

If your problem persists at this point, you could be experiencing a hardware failure of some type.:headache: It could also be that your W10 is simply corrupted beyond normal repairs and more aggressive repairs are required up to and including complete W10 reinstallation. In order to make sure that the problem abates, you must test your hardware or pay a Tech to test for you before proceeding with W10 repair/reinstallation, otherwise your problem may persist and never get resolved. Remember, that no software on the planet can fix Broken hardware! :noway:
If you get to this point and windows repairs and virus scans/repairs above haven't fixed your problem, you need to perform Hardware Testing and then the most aggressive Windows repairs. I have written a helpful free Troubleshooting Guide which can fix most kinds of Windows problems about 90% of the time if you follow the Guide in a stepwise fashion. Replace any faulty hardware found in the testing phase before attempting windows advanced repairs including software reinstallation.
EDIT: Oops! Forgot the link to the Troubleshooting Guide. Here it is: Windows 10 - Unclickable Task Bar

Let us know if you get stuck along the way; this is a lot of information to process to fix what appears to be a really easy problem. Post back questions to this thread, we are here for you 24x7x365. :nerdie:

Best,
<<BIGBEARJEDI>>

Back
Top Bottom