Windows 10 My VGA is being detected by my computer but is saying "No Signal" on my TV.

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Help and Support' started by jzero1969, Apr 28, 2016.

1. jzero1969

jzero1969 Member

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem on my computer. I bought a DVI cord for my computer and it works perfectly. I had a VGA cord lying around and I thought I would try to connect it to my computer so I could have multiple displays, but when I connected it to my TV it said no signal. So I looked on my computer and it identified the display as a second display and it allowed me to extend it or clone it. I watched a video and the guy said that you should restart your computer and I did, and now it doesn't identify it at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jonathan

P.S- I took a couple of screenshots. The screenshots show that my pc only identifies one display.

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]

2. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

3. jzero1969

jzero1969 Member

Thanks for the tip kemical I will try it and get back to you.

4. kemical

Your welcome Jzero!

As you say, try it and then let us know the outcome.

5. BIGBEARJEDI

BIGBEARJEDI Honorable Member
    Premium Supporter

Hi jzero1969,

It would be helpful to have the make/model of your computer; and whether it's a desktop PC, laptop, or self-built PC. Some laptops and some desktop PCs do not have the capability to run DUAL SIMULTANEOUS DISPLAYS!! :headache: That means you can use the DVI-TV setup OR the VGA-TV setup, but not both at the same time.:headache: This is by design, and happens on cheaper PCs and Laptops. If you have a Desktop PC or a self-built PC, you can buy a Dual-Display Video Card such as this to overcome that shortcoming:
    GIGABYTE GeForce GT 610 DirectX 12 GV-N610-2GI (rev. 1.0) 2GB 64-Bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 Low Profile Video Card - Newegg.com

Bear in mind also, that cheaper laptops (<$600 U.S.) typically don't have dual simultaneous display capable embedded video chips, so there is no way to add a new chip or card to those laptops.

Hope that helps clarify things.
    <<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

6. holdum333

holdum333 Banned

Capture48.JPG
    Hi What do you see when you click windows logo+P
    upload_2016-4-28_14-57-19. +P Capture48.JPG

#6 holdum333, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  7. jzero1969

jzero1969 Member

Thanks for the reply everyone! I booted into safe mode and my second monitor did not turn on.

My PC is a HP Pavilion 550-a114. It has an AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics. I tried to do Win+P and clicked duplicate but nothing happend. I also tried to extend it. There is probably nothing wrong with my VGA port because I used it for my PC and it worked fine. Is there any other things that anyone could come up with?

Thanks for all the support!
    Jonathan

8. holdum333

holdum333 Banned

Hi Here's a great video! That's the best I can do for you!

9. Neemobeer

Neemobeer Windows Forum Team
    Staff Member

From HP's site it if states you can have dual displays. What I'm confused about is you said you're trying to connect a VGA cable to a TV? I've never seen a TV with a VGA port I guess but then again VGA ports are pretty old. Did you change the input on the TV to the VGA port, it may not detect it on the computer unless you have the TV set to VGA input.

holdum333 likes this.
  10. jzero1969

jzero1969 Member

Well yes Neeombeer my TV has a VGA port and it is kinda old.On the back of the TV, it says PC IN and then has a drawing of a VGA and says input 4 and when I change it to input 4 it says "No Signal." And Holdum333, I cannot see the video on the post. If you could reply to me the video link that would be great. I'm also coming to the conclusion that my TV is just not accepting the VGA and the signal.

Have a good day,
    Jonathan

11. jzero1969

jzero1969 Member

[​IMG]
    Hey guys I just made a discovery,
    The monitor is showing on the screenshots I take but not on my TV. It is identifying it. I think the TV is not accepting the signal.

Thanks,
    Jonathan

12. jzero1969

jzero1969 Member

Thanks everyone I got it working, I just messed around with the AMD graphics settings. Thanks for the help!

Jonathan :)

kemical likes this.
  13. kemical

Good job Johnathan!