Windows 7 Mystery programme found in Taskmaster.

Oberks

I am a newbie so hello to everyone. I visited Taskmaster (by pressing Control/Alt/Delete) to see what programs were running and came across a program called NIWCGAF2 that was running which I have never seen before. I closed the program but then all of my desktop icons and task bar icons momentarily disappeared before returning.
Can anyone identify this program for me?
Thanks in advance.

Googling gave a small clue. It could be something to do with Vias applications in the immigration department (US)??

Have a look at related pages for NIW

Doesnt make sense though, if it interfered with your desktop. Maybe a virus in disguise. Download and run Malwarebytes and see what it finds

Googling gave a small clue. It could be something to do with Vias applications in the immigration department (US)??

Have a look at related pages for NIW

Doesnt make sense though, if it interfered with your desktop. Maybe a virus in disguise. Download and run Malwarebytes and see what it finds

Thank you davehc,, I downloaded Malwarebytes and ran it, it found two adwares and loads of PUPs, no sign of the mystery program. I also ran McAfee stinger which didn't find anything at all. I feel fairly confident now that nothing damaging has been downloaded. Thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

Back