Windows 7 Nearly all games doesn't work!

hackerking

i've got some games: ProtoType, Call of Duty WaW, Crysis, Sims 3, FIFA 09, GTA SA, GTA IV, NFS Undercover, Counter-Strike...

i tested them, and just Sims 3, Fifa 09, Counter-Strike & Call of Duty WaW works.

But if i want to start another game, then comes the error, for example at Crysis, that i see 10 seconds a black screen, and then i get back to my desktop... At other games, like ProtoType, doesn't happen anything. i start it and after 10 seconds there comes the error message that the programm needs to be closed :(

PC: Win7 RC, i7 Processor, 12 GB DDR3 ram, nVidia GTX 295 my PC is 64 Bit
I've also updated the graphic card driver...

i also tried to run the games in compatbilyti mode and as an admin but this didn't work too...

Last edited:
Try running the programs in 32 bit mode if available (Crysis provides this option), also make sure youve installed the latest patches for each game. Generally its all about compatability modes for the moment for a lot of games, lots of them won't run without a compatability mode or something or rather.

Crysis did the EXACT same thing for me. Then eventually worked after the patch, but still crashes to desktop sometimes in the options menu whenever I try to change settings. But the game itself DOES run fine. Not much we can do until W7 is fully released and (hopefully) bug-free :p (at least in terms of having all programs run fine)

Back