Windows 7 NEED HELP SUPER ASAP:((

siavash

well i have hp laptop which came with Windows 7 home ,anyway near one month ago it start freezing at games but i ignored it,then 3 days ago it start to Freeze at scan disk,and sometimes not,and sometimes scan disk just doesnt show up,i tried to Defrag the Windows Drive(C) but Defragment program doesnot show the Drive c,i m wondering if the problem is with my hard drive or with the Windows itself,??? and What s the next step to do?!!!

Siavash have you tried your recovery disk? (HP may or may not have sent you the disk)

Have you Installed any updates/Drivers recently?

Try in safemode also..... it might be a case of a program interfering such as security softwares..maybe.

yes i tried,but i didnt work im considering full back and then formating my hard drive!!! do u think its a good idea???

Dont know what else you have tried but before going to extremes ;-) try running the system file scan from elevated command prompt and or perform a repair from the Install DVD

Can an specific windows update cause this problem?!!!! becuase i yesterday while disk scan was on progress it told me a recent update has cuase some problem,but i when i tried to right down the name and number ,it went off the screen and windows logged in...(sorry english is not my first language:D)

Maybe, it depends what it was ie driver or security update. go to control panel > programs > under programs & features click on view installed updates, you maybe be able to uninstall this to see if this was the issue.

but i have ever known a program or security program to cause this issue.

how can i know which update is the issue???? there is list of the updates of recived from microsoft but i don kno which one cuases the problem

This will be the one at the top of the list usually, it all should be in date order of when the update was installed.... but like i said i really think this is an issue with a program you have installed.

well right now im trying some defraging softwares after that if the problem countines, i will unistall updates one by one :D,but THANK U SO MUCH .

you will only need to uninstall the last installed update as the others wont be affecting it if any.

let us know how you get on.

hi there,well i decided to test something else first as i told u,i installed Smart defrag(its a free app) it defraged my entire hard Disk,Then i installed Tune up utility Trial version,it checked my hard drive for errors,it found some and i manually choose the action needed,after that i tried to Scan disk with Tuneup ,it request a restart and it tooks over an hour to Complete,But believe me or not windows is runnig smoothly right now,and Windows Defragment is showing my Drive c again,but as u told one of the updates has cuased the problem so after defraging via Windows defragment i will uninstall the last updates,Thank u so much,without ur help i wouldnt be able to solve the Problem,thank u a thounsend times

yes i tried,but i didnt work im considering full back and then formating my hard drive!!! do u think its a good idea???

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. Have you tried 'system restore'? If your unsure which point to go back to or you have problems you can always try the advanced boot options. These can be found by pressing F8 whilst booting and the option you'd perhaps want to consider is the 'Last good known configuration' setting.

nope System Restore Was one of my last options,i solved the problem ,and i still think that one or some of the updates Caused This.Thanx So much for caring man.

Back
Top Bottom