Windows 8 Need help to troubleshoot DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Nepherius

Hello,

I bought a new computer 2 days ago and I've already encountered a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this? Attached is the dump file from the windows minidump folder. If it helps, I run a ASUS N551JK-MH71 with windows 8.1

Please help!

Attachments

• 082615-42296-01.zip
    134.4 KB · Views: 286
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9F, {3, ffffe001b05f0880, ffffd000b46ea930, ffffe001b05e63a0}

Probably caused by : pci.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
this is often a sleep related issue although you don't mention when the bsod actually occurs. However it can also be caused by a driver and I see the Nvidia driver mentioned in the dump file too.

If the bsod is occurring when sleep is used then pop into the advanced power options and make sure 'Hybrid sleep' is enabled.

If the bsod continues then use this app to remove the gpu driver. It creates a clean environment for the new driver and cleans up and loose ends:
DDU 15.4.0.0r2 Released - Wagnardmobile Forum

Rather than use the driver available from Nvidia please make sure you use the driver from the Asus support site:
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Driver & Tools - N551JK

Post any new dump files.

Also may I ask did you buy this machine brand new or is it just new to you?

The sequence of event was the following:
Update nvidia's drivers
Do some stuff
Close the cpu's lid (automatically putting it to sleep)
Opening up the cpu and watching a video
BSOD

I should have suspected the problem came from nvidia's drivers but I forgot I changed it. I'll try your method and will report back if another crash happens.

The machine is a refurbished ASUS from newegg. It says on the sticker that they scrub the HD completly before reselling the machine with a new instance of windows installed. Why do you ask the question, did you find something weird?

Thanks for your help!

Hi,
no nothing weird I just wondered really. Normally one doesn't usually see a bsod with a new machine although it's not unknown. Anyhoo see how you go and if the bsod returns please post the dump file.
Hope all goes well.. :)

Back