Windows 10 Need Recovery Help

MrEdwardAdams

Hi,

I have replaced my DVD writer with new SSD but I haven't backed up any data from my HDD. Luckily they did not format the HDD but I don't how to restore the data.

For example,

I want to move old Chrome data, like history, bookmarks, password and etc to newly installed Chrome.

Please help me.

Solution
To transfer your Chrome data, including history, bookmarks, and passwords, from your old hard drive to the newly installed Chrome on your SSD, you can follow these steps:

Transferring Chrome Data:​

1. Locate Chrome Profile Folder on Old HDD:
    • Open File Explorer and navigate to the Chrome user data folder on your old hard drive. The default path is: C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data
    []Copy Chrome Profile Data:
    • Copy the entire 'User Data' folder from the old hard drive to a temporary location on your SSD.
    [
    ]Install Chrome on New SSD:
    • If Chrome is not already installed on your new SSD, download and install it from the official website.
To transfer your Chrome data, including history, bookmarks, and passwords, from your old hard drive to the newly installed Chrome on your SSD, you can follow these steps:

Transferring Chrome Data:​

1. Locate Chrome Profile Folder on Old HDD:
    • Open File Explorer and navigate to the Chrome user data folder on your old hard drive. The default path is: C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data
    []Copy Chrome Profile Data:
    • Copy the entire 'User Data' folder from the old hard drive to a temporary location on your SSD.
    [
    ]Install Chrome on New SSD:
    • If Chrome is not already installed on your new SSD, download and install it from the official website.
    []Replace Chrome Profile Data:
    • Close Chrome on your SSD.
    • Navigate to the Chrome profile folder on your new SSD.
    • Replace the 'User Data' folder with the one you copied from the old hard drive.
    [
    ]Verify Data Transfer:
    • Open Chrome on the new SSD and verify that your browsing history, bookmarks, and saved passwords have been successfully transferred.

Important Note:​

• It's crucial to ensure that both instances of Chrome are closed when copying and replacing the Chrome profile data to prevent conflicts. By following these steps, you should be able to successfully transfer your Chrome data from the old hard drive to the new SSD installation of Chrome. If you encounter any issues during the transfer or need further assistance, feel free to ask for help.

Solution
Back