Windows 7 Need to Get Rid of error code 0x800706F7

Wilhelm

It seems to have popped up when I was getting updates from Windows. Every time I go to sign off, I get a bunch of updates that it says, need to install them. What can I do to get rid of the error code?

While reading, it says that this is caused by update KB3004394. Looked and I do not see that update
on my computer.

Last edited:
Thanks. I gave it a shot and could not get it to work. I still have the situation where it says I have 14 updates ready to
install but when I shut down, it still says there are updates and the screen shows that it is downloading 1 of 2. I have a boat
load of failed updates listed.

Sorry, I have not been on here lately, have been fighting with Turbo Tax and a problem with a K-1 sent by a stock company I own.
Getting back to my problem here, nothing I have tried including your suggestion, I am met with failure. I am not even able to get into the suggestions as Administrator. Looks like I need to re-boot and start over much as I hate to have to do that.

PS I am still dealing with the Fed Tax, Turbo and the K-1 after being on the phone with Turbo for over an hour. Had a problem last year with the same thing, a real pain you know where.

Try the above again but make sure it's an administrator command prompt. You can make sure by right clicking on command prompt and then running as admin.

Thanks, I found a write up on line when I googled the error 5 and it told me to right click. I ran it again last night and it worked ok.

It kept telling me I had 2 updates each and every time I went to shut down so I went to hibernate and did not have to deal with the same 2 updates. After I did the cache clean out and went to shut down, it said I had 19 updates ready to install, installed them shut down and did a restart and there were no updates listed to install. So Thanks for all the help, I might be on the road to being rid of that problem. I am sure I will need your help in the future, again Thanks.

Last edited:
Back