Windows 7 Neeed a little assistance slow running just happened

3doz

Require a little assistance
W7 64 slow start and drive problem
This start slow andthe screen icon appear in full then closed down and slowly re appear
Even the program as slow running
Defaged hard drive ,registry cleaned
No program show instart up section
W7 set to performanceand ram to w7 usage
No virus present no hardware shows faults

Other problem aPanasonic bluray burner . continues to not find the disc . I remove it from thesystem uninstall then re find and it find the disc , is there a betterway ?

System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V8.12,5/13/2010
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware AbstractionLayer Version ="6.1.7601.17514"
User Name xenon-PC\xenon
Time Zone Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Installed PhysicalMemory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.99 GB
Available PhysicalMemory 2.42 GB
Total Virtual Memory 7.98 GB
Available VirtualMemory 5.47 GB
Page File Space 3.99 GB

Generally speaking a slow system is down to a few things. Hard drive is fragmented badly and needs to be defragged. Or more likely, your system is infected with malware, spyware and adware which causes a system to slow down.

I suppose the situation with the DVD Burner could also be involved. I think I would physically disconnect the drive for testing. Is this a laptop, and if so, is there some type of setting in the bios regarding how the device is handled in the optical bay?

I notice your boot device is HardDiskVolume2. This is probably perfectly fine, but could you attach a picture of your Disk Management Window using the paperclip on advanced replies and the snipping tool to take the picture. You probably have another drive taking the Volume1 slot, or perhaps a recovery partition.

I see you are using Australian time with a US location...make sure your clock is set to the correct time zone.

As bassfisher6522 suggests, what anti-virus utilities are you using to check your system?

If you watch the Task Manager for the CPU usage, do you see any process taking the time when the system is running slow?

Any Error or Warning messages in the Event Viewer that might be related?

I suppose the situation with the DVD Burner could also be involved. I think I would physically disconnect the drive for testing. Is this a laptop, and if so, is there some type of setting in the bios regarding how the device is handled in the optical bay?

I notice your boot device is HardDiskVolume2. This is probably perfectly fine, but could you attach a picture of your Disk Management Window using the paperclip on advanced replies and the snipping tool to take the picture. You probably have another drive taking the Volume1 slot, or perhaps a recovery partition.

I see you are using Australian time with a US location...make sure your clock is set to the correct time zone.

As bassfisher6522 suggests, what anti-virus utilities are you using to check your system?

If you watch the Task Manager for the CPU usage, do you see any process taking the time when the system is running slow?

Any Error or Warning messages in the Event Viewer that might be related?

no error
the virus protector
MS Securiity esscentials.
I have tried 6 g ram but that does not improve performance
could it be the way w 7 uses the ram should it be set by me to allow if so what ?
the panasonic burner is a problem , I will remove it to see if thats is causing the main problem with slow running'

Attachments

• discmanager.jpg
    discmanager.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 250
no error
the virus protector
MS Securiity esscentials.
I have tried 6 g ram but that does not improve performance
could it be the way w 7 uses the ram should it be set by me to allow if so what ?
the panasonic burner is a problem , I will remove it to see if thats is causing the main problem with slow running'

I just noticed that it shows a epson usb recorder drive < i only have a epson printer
I cant remove this . the printer works OK .
could this be the problem with the burner ?

To start, just in case you do not know, your boot files are on the smaller drive. This should work OK, but remember you cannot remove the small one until you set up another type of boot.

My Epson printer has a card reader that will show in Computer. If there is no media in the slot, the system will look for something and slow things down. But if it shows as USB, hard for me to have a good answer as to it being relevant, but it might be.

Did removing the DVD help anything or change the behavior? I suppose you might try removing the printer also, are you running it as USB or wireless?

Last edited:
Back