Windows 7 Neewer 4 port sata pci card SIL3114

jemmmy100

Hello ! I have a Neewer 4 port sata pci card SIL3114 installed and running windows 7. I do not see my hard drive connected to it. Does anyone know if drivers are needed for this ? I have googled but hothing is said about drivers for windows 7.

Thanks in advance for any help

Do you have your BIOS set to SATA or IDE? When you installed the card, did windows pick it up and say "found new device"?

I would think, since it's a decent piece of hardware, that you would indeed need a driver for it. If you look at this link, you'll see there is an install cd/dvd which would have all the necessary software/drivers for it...

http://www.amazon.com/Neewer-ATA-SATA-PCI-Adapter/dp/B0058M903S

I have the disk but windows 7 does not seem to see it. I am going to remove it and reboot then shut down reinstall and boot back up see if it sees it. Don't know how to install the drivers manually in windows 7

I gave up on this card it doesn't work on windows 7 machine nor will it work on a winxp pro machine. I have ordered a couple of HDE Sata to Pata/IDE Hard Drive Interface Adaoters. They should allow me to connect any new hard drives or dvd burners that are sata , which is almost all made today. Problem sloved for me , The Sil 3114 adapter card will just go into my parts box as another waste of 10.00 .

Well there you go....lesson learned on a $10 piece of hardware and an off brand as well.

I installed 6 similiar cards on 5 of my friends machines about 6 years ago but i cannot remember how i did it. They are still working just fine.

Back