Windows 7 .Net Frame 2.0 Error at Startup

estephens

Hey, Guys

Can anyone help a Newbie out? For several days now, I have been fighting with an issue regarding Windows 7 Ultimate RTM. Every since installation, I get an error message as soon as my desk top appears:

ErrorMessage.png

I tried to download and install .NET framework 2.0 but it fails with the error message:

This is already contained in your operating system

After further investigation, it seems I have .Net framework 3.5 already installed on the computer Are there any ideas about how to "resolve" this error message? Is anyone else having this issue? Most of my programs are functioning just fine although I am have issuses printing. I have tried every tip mentioned in these forum but none seem to resolve the "net frame" error message. Any help you may be able to offer is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Eric

Last edited:
Ditto

I also have the same problem. Same error upon startup and same results upon attempted installation. Any news yet?

Hey, Guys

Can anyone help a Newbie out? For several days now, I have been fighting with an issue regarding Windows 7 Ultimate RTM. Every since installation, I get an error message as soon as my desk top appears:

ErrorMessage.png

I tried to download and install .NET framework 2.0 but it fails with the error message:

This is already contained in your operating system

After further investigation, it seems I have .Net framework 3.5 already installed on the computer Are there any ideas about how to \"resolve\" this error message? Is anyone else having this issue? Most of my programs are functioning just fine although I am have issuses printing. I have tried every tip mentioned in these forum but none seem to resolve the \"net frame\" error message. Any help you may be able to offer is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Eric

Eric (and others),

Which printer do you currently have installed? Did you perform a "custom" install or "upgrade"? What applications have you installed since moving to Windows 7?

This error was reported during the RC stage of Windows 7. For more information and possible solutions, please refer to the following link: http://bit.ly/3llNTi

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

Back
Top Bottom