Windows 7 Network Adapter keeps getting disabled...

Pennylanee

Earlier this month, I bought an Asus G60V with Windows 7. At first, it was working great with no issues. Soon after multiple updates, every time the computer sleeps/hibernates/restarts, the wireless network adapter disables itself. I've done some research and have tried these fixes:
- Checking the box to make the adapter not "go to sleep."
- Checking to make sure that the latest adapter drivers are installed.
- Checking the device manager to make sure there's no yellow exclamation mark by the adapter.
- Obviously, checking the switch/button to ensure the wireless capability is turned on.
- Checking Windows Mobility Center, only to find the grayed out area (where I'm supposed to click to enable the adapter.)

The only way I've found to fix this is go into BIOS every time the computer starts, restore the user defaults, save and exit. This is just such a hassle to do each and every time I start the computer. Can someone please help?

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Do you know if your system bios is the latest version? If it isn't then you'll need to flash the machine to the latest release. If you check your machines website here:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

You'll be able to see if any updates are being offered (check screenshot also notice I pulled up the screen for 7 64bit so if your using 32bit you'll need to change although this will make no difference to the bios)

Link Removed due to 404 Error

If you check the screenshot you'll see that there's a utility for flashing the bios.. It's situated directly under the bios downloads..

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Back