Windows 7 Network Controller Driver

brodis

Ok so I upgraded my Dell Studio XPS m1640 from Vista 64-bit to Windows 7 64-bit. When I started it back up, I had to install new drivers for my WiFi which is the Intel(R) WiFi Link 5150. I had no trouble getting the driver for this. However, I tried to start up my internet and the computer notified me that the driver for the "Network Controller" was not installed. I have still not been able to find a driver that works for this and am unable to access the internet on this computer.
Wifiproblems.png

I would appreciate any feedback! THANKS!

I've tried all of the Dell help, I've called about five times with no avail. I've downloaded every driver they threw at me and I still can't get it to work. I'm actually on hold once again with the Dell support and it seems as if they won't be finding a solution to my problem...

Dell Studio XPS m1640 Network Driver for Windows 7

I've had the same problem. I'm am without internet connectivity since switching over to Windows 7 64bit. I spent 2 hours on the phone with two brainless non-technical support at Dell to get nowhere. They kept on insiting to install the Vista 64bit driver for the Intel Proset Wireless 5150 adapter 3 times on the same call!!! Very frustrating! I can't believe Dell and Intel don't have a driver for their 5150 wireless adapter by now. Before buying this laptop (which workes great besides this problem) I double-checked that it was "Windows 7 compatible" and was told yes every time. Now that I have Windows 7, Dell doesn't want to support me unless I re-install Vista back on there, which by then I won't need the support because the network card will work! I am really disappointed in Dell's customer service after having bought so many of their products. Word of advice...ask before you buy, "WILL YOU SUPPORT ME WHEN I UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 7???". By the way, if anyone has any tips on how to fix my problem, please let me know. Thanks!

-Randy

Back
Top Bottom