Windows Vista Network print driver issue

Rob G

I have a PC (Dimendion 5150) running XP connected to a printer (Dell 924).
My laptop (640m Inspiron) runs on Vista Home and is connected by a home network. I recently ran windows update (which included a vista print driver) on the laptop and since then i have been unable to print from the laptop.

I understand that there is a compatability issue with the XP and vista print drivers (Journal ID # 07339KX7XD).

Can anyone help?

strangely enough it would appear that your vista compatible driver isnt. i found that same problem and wound up using the generic PNP driver for my hp and all was well perhaps your dell just doesnt like vista either i would try different drivers 'till i found something that worked.. perhaps dells website might be of some help.... good luck

I have a PC (Dimendion 5150) running XP connected to a printer (Dell 924).
My laptop (640m Inspiron) runs on Vista Home and is connected by a home network. I recently ran windows update (which included a vista print driver) on the laptop and since then i have been unable to print from the laptop.

I understand that there is a compatability issue with the XP and vista print drivers (Journal ID # 07339KX7XD).

Can anyone help?

before uninstalling of your printer software you should check the network options are set to allow share printer

Back
Top Bottom