Windows 7 Network problem with USB printer

Nelsn Bowker

I have an ASUS laptop running win7 64 bit networked wirelessly to an XP desktop, which has a Laserjet 1100 on the parallel port, and an HP Photosmart 8450 on usb.

I have problems printing multiple copies of a document to the USB printer- but none with the Laser.
Whatever I ask for, I only get a single copy using Serif Pageplus OR Word 2010 on the USB printer - although Adobe Reader will print multiple copies of a PDF file!
All of these work fine withthe Laserjet of course

Any suggestions? It gets tedious using Ctrl+P and return 100 times to get 100 copies of a colour documen!!!!
It seems to be a problem of communication with the (up to date) usb printer driver
There is no problem if I print directly from the XP machine- I have been doing so for years before getting the laptop and network 18 months ago

Both computers are up to date with Microsoft updates, and the other software and the drivers too.

Any suggestions? At the moment I am outputting to PDF so as to use Adobe, but this is clumsy and slow

Before you click print, do you go into the desired printer settings and change the copies number?

yes,that is how the copies were set up, after choosing print the printer set up opens to choos eprinter, paper, No of copies

Back