Windows 7 networking with lan external hard drive

kev

I have a lan pleiades hdd connected to my router. I have no problem networking with this external hdd with vista and xp. when networking with windows 7 i cant not network with this device. in windows 7 i can see the lan external hdd in the network folder but cant access. can connect to this device through http for device setting on windows 7. having no problems networking with other computers (xp,vista). can anybody help me with this issue or is anybody having the same problem.. thanks...:razz:

Last edited:
power user / admin account

1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
  2. Double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Local Security Policy.
  3. Click Local Policies, and then click User Rights Assignment.
  4. Double-click each item under User Rights Assignments to see whether the item contains the Power Users group. When you find a policy item that contains the Power Users group, click to clear the Power Users check box and then click OK.
  5. Restart the computer and review the Winlogon.log file and Event Viewer to make sure that the error messages no longer occur.

Also can be caused by a GPO or local policy. Also, if you renamed your administrator account. I had to create a new user in admin group > network neighborhood > map drive.

bob

Back