Windows 7 New Build | MSI GeForce GTX650 OC 1024MB GDDR5

PaulJM

Hi Folks,

Just built myself a new machine and I'm having a slight issue with the graphics.

I have a MSI GeForce GTX650 OC 1024MB GDDR5 with three monitors hooked up to it, 2 via DVI and one using mHDMI (this I'm using a mHDMI - HMDI block and a HDMI - DVI block so it fits the monitor.)

My issue is every so often the monitors all go black, the monitors brand logos appear on screen then my desktop appears, all of the windows forced onto the main display.

Event viewer shows no issues, the card is tight in the slot, all drivers & BIOS are upto date.

As I'm typing this I just have talked myself into blaming the 2 converter blocks I'm using.... Could it be anything else?

Thanks in advance! :D

Are your monitor drivers updated?
They could be a real problem if they aren't properly updated with the latest drivers.

(I'm kidding, there's no such thing as monitor drivers :) )

Have you made sure all the power plugs are in? (ie: monitor power plugs, graphic's PCIe power plugs)

When you say the drivers are up to date: did you install the video drivers correctly? (YES there IS a way to install video drivers)

NEVER, EVER, EVER, (get the reference?) use converter blocks - high end PC's such as yours are supposed to have the actual cable.

Ah my monitor drivers..... Didn't think of that :p

I used some earlier drivers and it's been ok for a couple of days but it just did it again. Kinda stumped...

Back