New Features and Changes

What do you think of the website's overall performance in terms of speed and connectivity?

• Worse and Slow!?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I personally really enjoy this look, and for me the width makes it so much easier to look at and read.

New tabs: Some new opportunities for our members: RegistryBooster, Spyware Doctor, and our Forums Toolbar. This is to eliminate the need for so many notifications.

This is a very good idea

You are doing an awesome job and this place just continues to get better and better as time goes on.

I am glad to see the old background back. Pretty and totally functional!

I have posted (too) often regarding my views on any award system, so nothing there.
Mostly, the other items are not normally used by me so have no comments.(downloads: free software.etc)

Any suggestions you have, now is the time to list...

Any suggestions you have, now is the time to list...

A pop up to show a posters system specs would be useful

Oo and a thumbsup smilie :thumbsup:

seems to be a problem with your email
<admin@windows7forums.com>:
69.20.6.250 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.7.17)
Giving up on 69.20.6.250.

Last edited:
I personally really enjoy this look, and for me the width makes it so much easier to look at and read.

This is a very good idea

You are doing an awesome job and this place just continues to get better and better as time goes on.

I have to agree with Jarhead57, I really don't have anything to add.

Suggestion or two..

Mike, let me start off by saying you're doing a superb job with the site!
I definitely think a better rewards system is in order.
Also, as listed above, a drop down system specs box.

Only other problem: I no longer have compatibility with Chrome.
The content of all posts is hidden. (V. 4 and 5 beta)

CHEERS!

"Todays posts" as a top bar item, but I am aware, from previous posts, that you are working on that.
Only one comment on awards.etc. A "rank" system, similarly displayed as signatures/Avatars, could be helpful to those seeking help but, as I have said before, 1. Post counts only encourages useless comment and, 2. any other system of award, initiated from an op or other user, is too easily abused and worthless.

Finding my way around now, and would suggest that the old attachment system was simpler and superior, and also the new system for deleting/moving etc, PM's is far too complcated, the old system had all that anyone could need.

Later.. Also, is there a way to remove the old attachment pictures, from within the attachment window?

Last edited:
seems to be a problem with your email

That is a very interesting observation, icky. I have had this problem, whenever I have had a reason to email the Admin in the past. I commented to a couple of moderators in the past and feeback was that it as OK. I wonder if it is not a curious problem with some of the ISP's?

Now I am finding, on every third or so post, I am getting this message:

The following errors occurred with your submission
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

This is my fourth attempt to post this, for example.

I think all the changes so far have been positive.

I also noticed the new Thank you button and as you type spell-checker and like the wide-screen view.

For the Remove Spyware link, I think if you contacted PC Tools and stated it was a permanent feature on the site, they may give members a discounted price.

I believe you would contact the Affiliate link here:
PC Tools - Contact Us

One strange anomaly with one of my posts............

It seems to be left in a void with nowhere to go and it states Printable view under the title.

Check it out here:
http://windows7forums.com/security-zone/35934-eff-demonstrates-browsers-finger-print-print.html

All I can say is keep up the good work.

Last edited:

I have seen the above message myself but only once..

In my opinion, all in all, this is a great site. There are a large number of people using it, and most of the posts are responded to in a reasonable amount of time.

If I were to make any suggestions, I would try to improve the "SEARCH" function. Sometimes when I search the forums, too many unrelated posts are sent back, some of them having nothing to do with the requested search.

The updates you are making sound great. Keep up the good work. This is a great forum.

Agreed.

This forum is a huge store of information, some of which we repeat on a regular basis, if we could come up with a easy way of searching the forum archives I think it would be a huge hit. This new fangled search though would have to be something else, something that perhaps we haven't seen before? Who knows.. I'm not sure if it's even possible to do something like that but I guess one can 'pipedream'.

I have seen the above message myself but only once..
I have, during my last two psts, been extra careful, but still got the message in one of the submits. I wonder if it is a particular key combination, or somehow connected with attachments?

Later. Ok. I have spotted my mistake! It is possible to start writing in the reply window (I don't think you could do this accidently in the old format) If you do, it is not recorded and you get that message that it is too short. You must select (I think) post quick reply and reply to this thread

Last edited:
I see... If you write in the box below a post before hitting reply it won't see it and think your trying to post nothing.

First I must say I like most of the new changes. Secondly; my PC has been down for almost 3 months, when I got my new rig built, up and running and returned to this site, it was culture shock for me. Like I just joined the site for the first time. I cant really remember much from the old site format. I really like what was done in the reply to posts fields, clean and modern with nice icon package. I give it an A overall.

This is an old and well known bug... its because print is at the end of the name. I'll look into it.

Is the private message system working ?

how do i check if my message has been successful and been sent ?

heya well I got this private message from you RAK
RAK said:
Hi.
I would also like to see if my message has been sent!
It was also a fault with the old format.
Anyway, if you get this, post in the site update section that it is working.

I have also sent two private messages to Mike but I have no idea if they have been sent successfully and nowhere to check if they worked

Email to admin still getting refused as non existent