New Features and Changes

What do you think of the website's overall performance in terms of speed and connectivity?

• Worse and Slow!?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am only paid if someone buys Registry Booster or signs up as a Premium Supporter. *makes pot of coffee* :D

We need to form a (colation) and (partition) Microsoft to share the wealth. ...and install some spel chekers.

Last edited:
There are spell checker plugins for both IE and Firefox, buddy. :D

There are spell checker plugins for both IE and Firefox, buddy. :D

I've either tripped over the cord and unplugged it or I don't have it turned on.

OIC I have to check it. duhhh No wonder Microsfot won't hire me.

Apparently it's not watching... I can only flip it on and then I have to turn it off to continue.

I've either tripped over the cord and unplugged it or I don't have it turned on.

OIC I have to check it. duhhh No wonder Microsfot won't hire me.

Apparently it's not watching... I can only flip it on and then I have to turn it off to continue.

lol same here, I replied to a post with a guy using 32 bit w7 asking y his 4 gigs were not showing, i think I had no sleep when I read his post.

Tabs on your profile page restored.

If you happened to notice that the many tabs on your personal member page were gone for awhile, this bug has been resolved today.

Forum Updates for December 2009

The holiday season has arrived right on schedule for the thousands of members and millions of visitors who come to Windows 7 Forums. Here are some recent changes that recently to make your experience here even better:

December:
  • New Server: The website is utilizing a brand new, custom built server which should offer better reliability and performance than the old one. This will be the last server upgrade for quite awhile. The new server doubles up on everything the old server had to offer and is entirely dedicated to Windows 7 Forums.
  • Posting Cap Eliminated: The posting cap of 10,000 words has been removed on blogs, blog comments, forum threads, and posts. Now you can write without having to worrying about hitting the 10K word limit. If this becomes a problem whereas this new capability is abused, the cap will probably be brought back to somewhere around 20 to 30,000 words, but will not remain at 10,000 words.
  • Experience Points System Changes: It is unfair to active users and non-forum staff to have to compete with moderators and the admins of the site for experience points. Because of this, mods and admins on the site are no longer registered on the system. Inactive users are also removed from the system rankings. There is currently a vote being held as to whether posts in the off-topic Water Cooler will count towards experience points. If you like this system, check out the Water Cooler to cast your vote.
  • New Forum Software Upgrade: We are anticipating a massive update to the forum software, coming very soon, but a seperate site will be set up to ensure no data loss to the current site. The new forum software includes a new proprietary template and styling system, which will require new graphic design work to give the website a brand new look that lives up to our current theme. Because of the large number of changes to the code (more efficient, stable, and flexible for members), much testing and development will need to be done to ensure that the new site comes alive. Included with this update will be a brand new publishing suite, whereas we will be able to publish extensive help, tips, and information about Windows 7, and even promote great posts into articles for the main page. The changes coming are extreme and will require a lot of effort to make work right. The update may not go public for a monrh or two due to the amount of work that needs to be done to prepare for this major upgrade. Many features may not be ported over right away, for example the XP points system. With the new forum software implemented, some features are currently offline and/or being re-designed.
Coming Soon!
  • Solid State Performance: Expecting solid state hard drives for the server to arrive next week. This is to ensure maximum and sustained performance and reliability. Current drives are generating a large amount of heat and electricity, and lack the desired performance. With SSD's we approach SCSI read/write access for large amounts of layered traffic. Storage is not a concern: memory and performance are the biggest concern. W7F does not use heavy storage space, and is in fact running in a virtualized environment under a Windows 2008 Server. At the point that the drives arrive, a backup image of the server's drives will be made, there will be intermediate outage on the site, and we will hopefully move completely SSD, while still using standard drives for backup. Why all this power for the website you may ask? To make your visit that much faster.
  • Windows 8 Forums? A Possibility. The idea of branching out a new forum site for Windows 8 is currently being thought out. That being said, there is already a forum for discussing Windows 8 and indeed Windows Vista within Windows7Forums.com. However, interest in what is being called Windows 8 is building and may demand an entirely seperate site to be launched some time next year.

Good on you Mike. Is this ongoing, as I write?. I have had some slow downs and a total freeze over the last few hours (Only on this site)

I like the idea of a new Windows 8 site. Grab the http name whilst it is still available. I am on a couple of other Windows 8 sites at the moment. Pretty boring as it is mostly speculation at the moment, but it will pick up. Good thing to get in early.

Forums New look :)

Wow ! Great improvement . The layout and everything looks much clearer . Wider look adds impact and Text seems easier to read . Big thumbs up on new look .:)

Agreed Whoosh.. very contemporary with recent software releases... In a word.. 'awesome' (ok so I'm biased but what the hell...:) )

Sure is whoosh, Therea are a couple bugs I noticed buy that;s to be expecred My spell check doesn't work with the new forrum, so expect some spelling mistakes

Coment later. Visually looks great, but I am still hunting around the new navigation.
Later: Cannot read these too clearly, and the attached functionis difficult to use if you want to drop the pictures into the body of the message

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
This is being worked on as we speak RAK so please be patient (which I know you are anyway)..

Need lots of feedback. Water Cooler is messed up since there is now native support for video! This is a big problem for the water cooler.

Face Lift

Wow, did we get a major face lift or is my browser broke. May take some getting used to. But I'm thinking I like it.

OK..I'm going to be patient, relax, set back and watch for future developments. Just a note, my handy dandy Windows7Forums tool bar, isn't exactly working all the individual links just take me to the root forum at least the Windows 7 Help and Support links which are the ones I generally use. Also the advertising links seem to be broken, which will probably go away anyway once I become a premium subscriber, which I plan to do shortly, if you guys are going to spend the time, I'm certainly willing to spend the money. Anyway good look and thanks from a guy the really likes hanging out here.

Back