New Features and Changes

What do you think of the website's overall performance in terms of speed and connectivity?

• Worse and Slow!?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The new style looks very good, distinct and clear, but the old one looked also great. :) Should say that (1) the Reply function is not as comfortable as its previous version. Could be worth adding (2) embedded media support, and also worth making those buttons (Reply, Delete, Cancel, etc. - esp. when editing a post) distinctly (3) visible. :(

Embedded media plugin was a unique feature in this site, I don't reckon seeing it anywhere else.

btw,
@ Reghackr, nice signature.

@ Mike, thanks for making this site better.

OK..I'm going to be patient, relax, set back and watch for future developments. Just a note, my handy dandy Windows7Forums tool bar, isn't exactly working all the individual links just take me to the root forum at least the Windows 7 Help and Support links which are the ones I generally use. Also the advertising links seem to be broken, which will probably go away anyway once I become a premium subscriber, which I plan to do shortly, if you guys are going to spend the time, I'm certainly willing to spend the money. Anyway good look and thanks from a guy the really likes hanging out here.

Much thanks for your kind words Trouble and yes that's the best thing really (to be patient I mean) as the little niggles will be ironed out eventually....

Not a complaint - just a query. Is it a deliberate function that "new posts" turn blue as you scroll down, or is it my settings?

Added. By the way, whilst you are working with it, a "Quicklinks" option in the new posts window. Maybe it is there but I could't see it?

Last edited:
I like the new look. I liked the old look too. I have a couple suggestions. The Address bar should be at the bottom of the page too. That way you wouldn't have to return to the top to get to it. Plus the original poster should be able to mark a thread "Solved". Sorry if I'm being redundant but Mike asked for feedback. I have suggested the Address Bar thing before and Kemical made the suggestion about the "solved" thing after I asked about it.

I haven't noticed that myself RAK, in which part of the forum did you notice this especially?

I like the new look. I liked the old look too. I have a couple suggestions. The Address bar should be at the bottom of the page too. That way you wouldn't have to return to the top to get to it. Plus the original poster should be able to mark a thread "Solved". Sorry if I'm being redundant but Mike asked for feedback. I have suggested the Address Bar thing before and Kemical made the suggestion about the "solved" thing after I asked about it.

True, he did... I think it's still in the pipeline Stuey, so shouldn't be too long..

What is your Opinion of the site redesign?

Do you like it or Don't like it and why. I like it we needed a fresh new look it will help keep this site the #1 Windows 7 Community.

I haven't noticed that myself RAK, in which part of the forum did you notice this especially?

It's quite acctractive really. If you have a full page list of "New Posts" (selected from the top bar). As I said, starts white, and as you scroll down turns slowly blue -cute.

Need lots of feedback. Water Cooler is messed up since there is now native support for video! This is a big problem for the water cooler.

What is native video support and how does it mess up the water cooler?

The new look is nice! Good job!

Krypto Wrote:

Can You read This?
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

That's cool! I wonder if there is a program that will automatically do that.

I red a wile bac how sum teachr wuz trying 2 cunvins peepul that kidz wud hav an eazier time lerning if thay cud spell wurds the way thay sound.

Of course they would have a hard time reading books and stuff that are written "normally". Plus my spell-checker is having a conniption fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Krypto Wrote:

Can You read This?
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

That's cool! I wonder if there is a progrram that will automatically do that.

I red a wile bac how sum teachr wuz trying 2 cunvins peepul that kidz wud hav an eazier time lerning if thay cud spell wurds the way thay sound.

Of course they would have a hard time reading books and stuff that are written "normally".

not that I know of I had to remove some of the sentences to fit sig char limit here is full version http://www.funny-potato.com/read-this.html

I've merged your thread krypto with this one to save confusion and lump it all together..

Need lots of feedback. Water Cooler is messed up since there is now native support for video! This is a big problem for the water cooler.

Can I have a glass or two of Problem Steps recorder and ComputerTV from YouTube? :D

The width of the site has recently been changed to a proportional design. Do you think this is better or should we go back to fixed width? Nevermind the fixed width is better for browser compatibility.

Back
Top Bottom