New Features and Changes

What do you think of the website's overall performance in terms of speed and connectivity?

• Worse and Slow!?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That is incorrect, kemical You can approve (Well I can) without comment. If you want to disaapprove, you must leave a comment.

Did i tell you blue is my favorite color My Nova, for example?

Looks and acts great. I like the way the icons on now on the side, do you don;y have to scroll down to submit your reply (in most cases)

That is incorrect, kemical You can approve (Well I can) without comment. If you want to disaapprove, you must leave a comment.

So are you saying that when you give someone some 'rep' you don't see the box arrowed in my screenie?

In fact I've just handed some out and stated in the box provided why I was giving the points, I thought everyone could do that? People who've given me rep have left a reason why so it can't be that I'm seeing it because I'm admin..

Last edited:
Most, if not all, videos should now be converted over. Please allow some time for a restoration of old features to take place. We are dealing with new technology, therefore, it will take time ot get all of your favorite bells and whistles working again.

So are you saying that when you give someone some 'rep' you don't see the box arrowed in my screenie?

In fact I've just handed some out and stated in the box provided why I was giving the points, I thought everyone could do that? People who've given me rep have left a reason why so it can't be that I'm seeing it because I'm admin..

I think perhaps you should read my posts again. YES. If you approve, there is no requirement to put in a reason. It is voluntary.If you dissaprove, it will not proceed past that point until you give a reason. You get this message.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited by a moderator:
Very Nice, Why so white? We could have a pattern through the page? Leaves or balloons-- Any suggestions? How do we change our "Avatar"?

Avatar change is still in your Settings area. I can give you some different backgrounds if given time, including the old one.

Yes. It is a compatibility mode problem. It also creates problems in the top bar (notifications.etc). I,ll have to think out where I go from here.

It should be OK, even with compatibility mode on now. Much of the transparency effects were redundant and removed in lue of colors. The older browsers can't handle transparency effects very well and it can create a messy looking design.

What is the debate here on reputation? If you leave negative rep, you have to leave a comment, but admins are not limited to this restriction. There is also an option to disable negative reputation altogether, but I don't see why that should be done -- this defeats the purpose if everyone starts getting a good reputation and noone has a bad one.

My first post on the subject, was misread or misunderstood. I don't understand why the difficulty in getting a straightforward answer:

Quote " Perhaps, though, on reflection, it would help to prevent abuse if approvers also, as well as disapprovers, had to give a reason for approving? "

At the moment, a postive reputation can be given, without comment. A negative reputation , as I have repeated, must have a comment. Any reader can see that reputations have been built up by several members on "likeability" rather than quality of post. But maybe this is the intention?

The reputation system is one of those features where the viewers decide... the outcome is based on who is posting, who likes it, and who doesn't. There's really no secret about it. A reason is requested for bad rep., because you are damaging the persons reputation. The thought behind it is that you should at least give the person a reason: maybe they will think more about what they did - if it was offensive, rude, or what have you.

I see. So I understand now, a good reputation can be given, with the thought behind it is that you have no need to give a reason:they don't have to think more about what they did - if it was because it was a good post, or they just favour the poster, or what have you. The quality of the post not being a consideration.

Last edited:
I think perhaps you should read my posts again. YES. If you approve, there is no requirement to put in a reason. It is voluntary.If you dissaprove, it will not proceed past that point until you give a reason. You get this message.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Yes until you posted the above I had mis-interpreted your original post so apologies for that.. :)

Much thanks to Mike for illuminating this point..

Solid State Drives

Alright everyone. The solid state drives came in. The site will be going offline in about 15-30 minutes as I prepare to move us into the future.

The migration to solid state disks has completed successfully.

Update: In addition to this upgrade, PHP and MySQL have been updated to the latest versions.

Seems big and bulky to me.

The New Posts Section is way to overcrowded with News for example.

A Great Day for Freedom
Posted By cybercore in forum The Water Cooler

There are a ton of em that "over takes or over powers" new posts for others that need help or support -n- moves them down the line to like 3 pages back, so we gotta filter through entire 3 pages or more of News with ppl that need help or support somewhat between the news here and there, very un-organized?

Prior it was ok cause one page showed many more topics to one page rather to be now and was like thinner than now?

Maybe a way to separate the News Posts from members posts that need or asks for support @New Post Section?

Last edited:
I don't think that is a problem with the new look forum.?? It existed, together with Watercooler posts, in the old forum, and was discussed in very long threads.

Back