New Features and Changes

What do you think of the website's overall performance in terms of speed and connectivity?

• Worse and Slow!?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Changes for the 7th of March 2010

We have upgraded the look of our site, now with four different stylistic options for your reviewing goals:

W7F 2.2.0 is the culmination of many changes since the release of our new forum software. It includes an additional theme with a varying background called "Vibrance". All themes/styles can be expanded to 100% width for large monitor width.

When working on this modification, we saw fit to try to get the best possible "Windows 7" look and feel, while also keeping some originality to the site.

Please let us know what you think of this new style.

When we compare this style, with our old style, from our beginning days, we are still not completely satisfied. An image of the original style can be found here: Link Removed - Invalid URL

Clearly we have come a long way, but also have endless possibilities to attend to.

Other changes:

A confirmed bug in the Chatbox has prompted its removal.

The FaceBook integration may cause problems with certain features of the site. If you notice any of these problems, please report them.

The "Manage Attachments" feature has been reverted to the old design, until it doesn't crash, etc.

What's Going On? has been upgraded.

What's New by Forum added for members with AJAX updating.

Invite Friends added.

Several other features added.

The benefit of registering on Windows7Forums.com is strong, and we have found 80-90% of our visitors are lurkers. Why not join us in the conversation and register now? Your e-mail is secure and is not sold to third-parties. The account is entirely free and makes it possible for you to post messages, and use most of the website's features.

Please let us know what you think of the latest changes.
Please bear in mind that in many cases it is now only 2 people working on these changes.

Site colours and scheme

Some of you may have noticed colour schemes changing here and there (although unless your on at a certain time you might have missed the light show lol)
Anyway what do you guys think of the latest changes in colour scheme or has anyone even noticed a change?

Mike and I are trying to pull the site together graphically. This means that the smallest tweak can make a major difference like the orange tabs on the top menu bar for instance. If anyone has a similar suggestion or just a plain old good idea and wouldn't mind us using it then please post it up..

This thread combines all listing of new features and changes over time for easy access for our members.

This one dates back from quite awhile ago, but since the recent changes have been made we've re-opened it, and the poll. Please lend us your feedback. So far, we've heard nothing, which is probably a good thing :)

yes colour scheme is very nice i love it quite mellow :cool:

links are still an issue and I tend to have to add >><< to point them out :eek:

I am also struggling to attach two pdfs with slightly different names into the same post as they wont upload , i.e. i can only get one or the other but not both, I have tried changing my naming convention to make it happen but that didn't work so could it be a total size restriction ??

they are both 133kb each ?

When I opened the site, a couple of days ago, I was greeted by (imo) a most horrendous greeny/blue background. At firstI thought perhaps I had a monitor problem, but chacking with other computers conformed this was not so. I tired changeing the forum themes, with little effect. Is this the new default? As I emphasise, my view of the color scheme is personal. perhaps it is well liked by the brotherhood.

Hi RAK,
if you check the screenshot you'll see you have a few options to choose from (4 in fact which you don't get many places). I hope you find one that you like or can at least live with.. :)

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Hi RAK,
if you check the screenshot you'll see you have a few options to choose from (4 in fact which you don't get many places). I hope you find one that you like or can at least live with.. :)

Nope. I have to say that RAK is right. Some people don't like change, and I viewed the site recently on a different laptop monitor which was not HD, and it looked very different. The background colors were darker and the contrast very strong. We will add even another additional theme, RAK, with the classic background you are looking for. In fact, we may add another style with no background at all for light-weight viewing. We need to listen to our long-term members in terms of things like this. They are the lifeblood of our community, even if some of them bitch about everything. :D

Thankyou for listening, Mike.

Aee my post, Kemical " I tried changing the forum themes, with little effect"

Last edited:
Hmm...right, well I've obviously missed the point completely. perhaps my monitor is displaying something else?

Anticipated update for 11th of March for CMS Update

Our content mangement system is scheduled for an update from beta stage to release candidate status, which also fixes an XML cross-scripting vulnerability. This update is tentatively scheduled for off hours on the 11th of March and will require a minor amount of forum downtime. Once this update has completed, this thread will be merged to our list of updates/new features thread.

Editor's note: This update was completed successfully 3.11.10 4:58 PM ET

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW, The changes are great, I've been a complete slack ***, so it's been while since I've been here. More than 30 days according to thing atop of this forum lol

Heyyy Good to see you man.. :)
Glad to have you back amongst us once again.. :)

A new ChatBox feature has been added and is useable by any member of the forum. (see screenshot) As usual please keep it clean and friendly.. :)

We have implemented a chat system at the bottom of the screen called Meebo, which allows you to communicate through multiple platforms, including Windows Live, AIM, Yahoo, Facebook, and others. You have instant access to many extras on the site, and can even play online games such as pool by going to Meebo - Connecting AIM, MSN, Yahoo, Facebook, MySpace messengers.

The chat bar can always be minimized at the bottom of the screen, but you must register for a Meebo account to access all of the features.

Scrolls really slow

I'm not sure if it's something on my end,but the pages(especially the main page)scrolls so unbelievably slow,like there is a thousand pics every inch,really bad.It is the only site that does it.

Back