Windows 10 New install Win10Pro - Downloads Folder Missing/Redirect

esc952

I have a fresh install of Win10Pro. However, when I look at File Explorer, there is no Quick Access Link for "Downloads" and there is also no "Downloads entry under the "This PC" section. The "This PC" entry will not allow me to add a new Folder either as it redirects to network.

When I use "Windows Key + R" And then enter " %userprofile%/downloads " it opens up File Explorer pointed at my Favorites Folder (Browser Favorites).

So, how do I get a "Downloads" folder under Quick Access and under This PC, so that I can then change the browser default dowload location setting to this new folder?

Can anyone throw me a clue here?

Profile redirection should not affect quick access. Also the environment variable %userprofile% will always point to the local profile and is not affected by profile redirection

Profile redirection should not affect quick access. Also the environment variable %userprofile% will always point to the local profile and is not affected by profile redirection
Thanks...I think. (I'm at the edge of understanding your comment.)

I still have no clue how to add a Downloads folder under "quick access" or "This PC'

Well it's typically there by default. If this is on the account your logged into just type your full name in the address bar in explorer and it should pull up your redirected profile then just right click the Download folder and select "Pin to Quick Access"

You can also go to were the profile is redirected and do the same thing.

In Edge you have the "three dots" (…) in the upper right corner..
If you click on that you will find: Settings
And under "downloads" you get to set the folder that you would like to use…

Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Users\Default folder.
Right-click on "Downloads" in the right side panel and select "Copy".
Navigate to C:\Users\your name folder and right-click the folder.
Select "Paste".

Back