Windows 8 New Laptop how to put OEM version on

Jonze

I have just purchased an Asus X501A.

It comes pre-loaded with Windows 8, but as with all laptops they come with a stupid amount of rubbish on them. Seems that laptops no longer have the product code on the bottom so you could install a standard OEM. Anyone know how I can install it without having to go and by a new OEM?

Thanks

Why not just 'refresh' the install? Place cursor top or bottom right and open the Charms. Click on Settings and then 'Change pc settings'. On the left of the next screen pick 'General' from the list and scroll down. It's here you'll see various options on renewing your win 8 install.

Why not just 'refresh' the install? Place cursor top or bottom right and open the Charms. Click on Settings and then 'Change pc settings'. On the left of the next screen pick 'General' from the list and scroll down. It's here you'll see various options on renewing your win 8 install.

Tried that unfortunately it used Asus's image :-(

Hmm.. Well if that is the os tied to the machine the only way to get rid of that stuff is either un-install it (if possible) or do a clean install with a different disk. It might be worth checking out the Asus forums or seeing if there's an actual user forum for your particular machine. You never know someone may have found a way of circumventing much of the bloatware..

Jonez,

I have had to do this for many clients. The easiest, simplest, quickest, best is to just remove, delete, uninstall all the 'crapware'.

Enjoy your ASUS. I custom build desktops but, when it comes to laptops I always recommend, as preferred choice, to customers, ASUS; they are very, very, good!

Cheers,
Drew
new_windows_logo1.jpg

Too bad I can only custom build PCs. I can't custom build laptops. Darn, eh? Might be a heck of a market out there, LOL

Although someone will likely retort that there really are bare laptops available. Who knows, maybe... I coulda missed it; I don't get out much & living under a rock... did they solve that self-winding watch thing, yet?

Can you also refresh port-a-potties w/ that stuff?

Cheers,
Drew
new_windows_logo1.jpg

Too bad I can only custom build PCs. I can't custom build laptops. Darn, eh? Might be a heck of a market out there, LOL

Although someone will likely retort that there really are bare laptops available. Who knows, maybe... I coulda missed it; I don't get out much & living under a rock... did they solve that self-winding watch thing, yet?

Can you also refresh port-a-potties w/ that stuff?

Cheers,
Drew
View attachment 741
I just started a thread on the same topic for my just purchased Dell Inspiron 15R 5520 laptop. Turns out I can call Dell and with the Express Service Code from the sticker I can request a copy of the Dell software including the clean Windows 8 CD. This will allow you to do a clean install. During the Windows install the product key is read from the BIOS so no COA sticker is required. Perhaps the same is true with Asus?
Pete

Back