Windows 8 New rig with win 8.1 pro oem license

RajkoX

Hi everybody,

I am writing this in a hope that someone here can help me, as Microsoft helpdesk and OEM reseller are just jer.ing me around.

So, this is how it begins... I bought part to assemble my home PC, and on g2play I bought cheap win 8.1 pro OEM x32/x64 license key. After PC assembly, from win media creation I downloaded win 8.1 pro 64bit not knowing that it is retail ver of win. So as expected, my key was rejected... then I contacted helpdesk M$, there I got answer that I have "Genuine and Valid" product key, but I need OEM dvd. Then I contacted my reseller, but wit zero response... So, I googled a little, did a trick with ei.cfg, then I was able to install win 8.1 pro from iso I downloaded. Somehow I hoped that win will activate after install, but no luck. So, I am stuck now, I don`t have OEM dvd, I don`t know what vendor is my OEM key... what can I do?

Thanks in advance!

what can I do?
Hi,
unfortunately very little. Microsoft do not sell activation keys on their own:

How to Tell - Shop

Is it possible to get a refund from G2play?

They do warn you... I'd sugest you take it to a computer shop that sells parts as they should have a oem dvd or you could also buy a retail key if you want it fixed right now.

UPDATE!

OEM key reseller contacted me, From him I got the link for corresponding iso, downloaded, created bootable Flash drive, installed windows, entered key, and windows activated itself. Now is everything ok... thanks for a swift comunity response!

Excellent news! I'm glad to hear you got a solution to this issue as often many folk don't. Good luck with the new os..

hi everyone i am new nice post.