Windows 8 New rig with win 8.1 pro oem license

RajkoX

Hi everybody,

I am writing this in a hope that someone here can help me, as Microsoft helpdesk and OEM reseller are just jer.ing me around.

So, this is how it begins... I bought part to assemble my home PC, and on g2play I bought cheap win 8.1 pro OEM x32/x64 license key. After PC assembly, from win media creation I downloaded win 8.1 pro 64bit not knowing that it is retail ver of win. So as expected, my key was rejected... then I contacted helpdesk M$, there I got answer that I have "Genuine and Valid" product key, but I need OEM dvd. Then I contacted my reseller, but wit zero response... So, I googled a little, did a trick with ei.cfg, then I was able to install win 8.1 pro from iso I downloaded. Somehow I hoped that win will activate after install, but no luck. So, I am stuck now, I don`t have OEM dvd, I don`t know what vendor is my OEM key... what can I do?

Thanks in advance!

what can I do?
Hi,
unfortunately very little. Microsoft do not sell activation keys on their own:

With the exception of Product Key Cards (PKC’s) distributed with COA’s, Microsoft does not distribute products keys as standalone products. If you see a listing on an auction site, online classified ad, or other online page advertising product keys for sale, it’s a good indication that the keys are likely stolen or counterfeit. If you were to purchase and use a stolen or counterfeit product key to activate Windows installed on your PC, the key may not work for activation, may already be in use on another PC, or it might be blocked from use later by Microsoft when the key is reported stolen. The best way to get everything you expect up front is to buy genuine Microsoft software preinstalled on a new PC or genuine Microsoft software from an authorised reseller.
How to Tell - Shop

Is it possible to get a refund from G2play?

They do warn you... I'd sugest you take it to a computer shop that sells parts as they should have a oem dvd or you could also buy a retail key if you want it fixed right now.

Screenshot (152).png

UPDATE!

OEM key reseller contacted me, From him I got the link for corresponding iso, downloaded, created bootable Flash drive, installed windows, entered key, and windows activated itself. Now is everything ok... thanks for a swift comunity response!

UPDATE!

OEM key reseller contacted me, From him I got the link for corresponding iso, downloaded, created bootable Flash drive, installed windows, entered key, and windows activated itself. Now is everything ok... thanks for a swift comunity response!
Excellent news! I'm glad to hear you got a solution to this issue as often many folk don't. Good luck with the new os.. :)

Hi everybody,

I am writing this in a hope that someone here can help me, as Microsoft helpdesk and OEM reseller are just jer.ing me around.

So, this is how it begins... I bought part to assemble my home PC, and on g2play I bought cheap win 8.1 pro OEM x32/x64 license key. After PC assembly, from win media creation I downloaded win 8.1 pro 64bit not knowing that it is retail ver of win. So as expected, my key was rejected... then I contacted helpdesk M$, there I got answer that I have "Genuine and Valid" product key, but I need OEM dvd. Then I contacted my reseller, but wit zero response... So, I googled a little, did a trick with ei.cfg, then I was able to install win 8.1 pro from iso I downloaded. Somehow I hoped that win will activate after install, but no luck. So, I am stuck now, I don`t have OEM dvd, I don`t know what vendor is my OEM key... what can I do?

Thanks in advance!
hi everyone i am new nice post.

Back
Top Bottom