Windows 7 New to Windows 7, What's out there?

sudokujesus

I'm looking to get the following behavior in Windows 7. When you double click something in the system tray and it appears, if you double click it again, it should become hidden again. Make double clicking toggle it.

Also... is there like a 'PowerToys' type program for Windows 7? What are some really useful things I can do to really make Windows 7 shine?

So... do you currently have Windows 7 installed?

If not, than I'd suggest installing it first to see what it's like by default, then worry about tweaking it.. ;) Things like PowerToys will come sooner or later.. but you have to remember, 7 is still only in RC stages (with RTM builds leaking almost daily.. ;) ) so it will still take some time for apps like that to be developed for Win 7.. :)

Last edited:
Yes, I put the RC1 build 7000 on my system. x86 version since I only have 2 GB of RAM. my next build will have 4+ and i'll go 64bit then I imagine.

But yeah... I'm not too familiar with the new operating system.

Yes, I put the RC1 build 7000 on my system. x86 version since I only have 2 GB of RAM. my next build will have 4+ and i'll go 64bit then I imagine.

But yeah... I'm not too familiar with the new operating system.

The best way to get familiar with Windows 7 is to just mess around.. Click on anything and everything and see what it does or doesn't do.. ;) Than once you've got your head wrapped around it you can worry about tweaking it..

Back