Windows 10 New VR option looks interesting?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

Lenovo's clever hack to bring VR to every game

This looks interesting to me, I'd love to be able to play some games that I do play in stereo and have my head movement control the view.

One is Rise of Flight, a very realistic WWI flight sim.

In this game you sit in the cockpit of an aircraft, and you can use a button on the top of the stick to move your view, (turn you head), but if you could do this without being aware of the screen cutoff and just turn you head to look the way you want to it would be like being in the airplane flying it.

Everything else is there, the sound is fantastic, the visuals are really great, all you would need it a fan. LOL

I can also imagine playing games like Skyrim where you can walk along looking around you as you move in a really intense and immersive environment.

I'm going to keep watching this until I see some user input on how well it works.

Mike

Same here Mike, I'm just quietly watching the development if this kit although personally it's way overpriced at the moment ..

Hi

What I'd like to see is a simplified version of this, that works with any video card, ( it doesn't even need to be in 3 D, that just lets head movement control the view.

It could even be a single video source, not a left and right screen, using prisms that let you control the view by moving your head.

I would think that this would lowers cost and allow higher resolution by allowing one larger screen.

Mike

Hi

I have but I think that only works with cell phones.
But I'd like to have something like that, that would plug into my computer.

If it could have a ultra high res, screen the size of an iPhone it would be great.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom