Windows 7 New Zealand first to get Windows 7

loathe

Perks of living on a small island on the other side of the world, we see the new sun every morning first, we got GTA IV first at the midnight release, and now we get Windows 7 first =D

October 22, that's the date Windows 7 will hit retail shelves and start being sold on new PCs around the world. While the code will go RTM and be released on MSDN, Technet and undoubtedly every torrent site and warez newsgroup before that date, October 22 will be the first time "normal" people will have a chance to get their hands on the new operating system.

But, do you want to be the first on the block to get a nice shiny boxed up copy of Windows 7? Well, you're going to have to catch a flight to the land down under to do it. Microsoft has confirmed to ZDNet that due to the International Date Line, New Zealand will be the first country in the world where Windows 7 will be widely available.

No doubt I will have me a copy of the RTM well before then, but I glad I get a legit copy first.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Perks of living on a small island on the other side of the world, we see the new sun every morning first, we get GTA IV first at the midnight release, and now we get Windows 7 first =D

October 22, that's the date Windows 7 will hit retail shelves and start being sold on new PCs around the world. While the code will go RTM and be released on MSDN, Technet and undoubtedly every torrent site and warez newsgroup before that date, October 22 will be the first time \"normal\" people will have a chance to get their hands on the new operating system.

But, do you want to be the first on the block to get a nice shiny boxed up copy of Windows 7? Well, you're going to have to catch a flight to the land down under to do it. Microsoft has confirmed to ZDNet that due to the International Date Line, New Zealand will be the first country in the world where Windows 7 will be widely available.

No doubt I will have me a copy of the RTM well before then, but I glad I get a legit copy first.

New Zealand will be the first to get Windows 7

Nice one my friend :) Well guess me in the UK have to sneak around a bit ;)

...but I glad I get a legit copy first.

You mean you'll be able to get an overpriced retail boxed version first? Not quite sure it's a win... :cool:
The MSDN/TechNet versions will of course be legit too.
I don't really like all the fuss about the BIG RELEASE DATE. Windows 7 is no doubt a very good OS, but despite what various M$ officials say, it IS nothing but Vista that works properly. This is how it should have been done 2½ years ago instead of all the WOWing :rolleyes:

Hi there
I'd hold your horses on this one -- After a few days (or maybe weeks) heavily discounted versions will be available (legally).

I've found out over the years that buying first is usually an exoensive way of doing it -- I remember I was one of the first guys to have a DVD player back many years ago -- probably in todays money they would have cost the equivalent of 2,000 USD or even more.

Now you can pick up a player for almost NOTHING - some supermarkets / gas stations even give them awat FREE if you buy say 45 Litres of Gas :razz:

But if you want the kudos of being Nr 1 -- enjoy.:razz:

Cheers
jimbo

Hello jimbo,

We thought we had lost you,

Good to see you back:), we definitely need you as the posts are coming in much more often

Hello jimbo,

We thought we had lost you,

Good to see you back:), we definitely need you as the posts are coming in much more often

Hi there
You can't kill me off that quick

Working in contract in UK and travelling to Iceland most weekends so I'm not always available.

Been really busy (and "pissed" last few days as well. - Whatever other probs exist in UK - great pubs and beer even if they can't now win a CRICKET match against HOLLAND of all countries). :razz:

Cheers
jimbo

Great pubs and beer, well couldn't be all that bad.:)

We also miss cmn who hasn't posted in a long time either.

Been really busy (and "pissed" last few days as well. - Whatever other probs exist in UK - great pubs and beer even if they can't now win a CRICKET match against HOLLAND of all countries). :razz:

Cheers
jimbo

Cant wait to see how T20 world cup pans out. NZ vs SA in final Im picking.

Back