Windows 7 newly installed windows stutter

I purchased a PC, from "DinoPC" 2 years or so back, I recently have been experiencing a few slight sessions of lag almost but it affects the whole computer. The whole computer seems to freeze for a fraction of a second, this causes the mouse cursor to seem to "jump" across the screen, to where it would move, and any video to pause over this time. I DID NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM ON WINDOWS 10 BUT I DECIDED REBOOT WITH WINDOWS 7 AND NOW I'M GETTING IT.

SPECS:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB
Intel Core i5 4690K OC 4.3 Ghz
RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB)
HDD: 3TB Western Digital red
Corsair H80 Water Cooler
PSU: 600W corsair
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Sli

Just to add to Neemobeer's post, if your getting freezing particularly when playing video's then use the DDU to remove your gpu driver (this it does in safe mode) which will also remove anything else left behind by previous installs:
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V17.0.3.0 Released. - Wagnardmobile Forum

Once removed install the most recent gpu driver.
Nvidia 375.70 WHQL

Find command prompt, right click on it and run as admin. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

If the freezing continues please remove the overclock and see if the issue stops.

If it doesn't stop run a chkdsk
The How-To Geek Guide to Using Check Disk in Windows 7, 8, or 10

Check your RAM
Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

if this is the problem than how come it works on windows 10 but not on 7. and yes my drivers are all up to date and i did the sfc /scannow with no
errors same with the disk check

Back
Top Bottom