Windows 7 Nic or not

clayp

With windows 7 X 64 Ultimate and IE 9 is it better to use a nic card or the on board stuff for the internet connection?:confused:

Depends what you mean by "on board stuff". A NIC card is most likely to be an on-board device nowadays. Whether your ethernet interface is on-board or a separate plug in card the serve the same function in which you choose to use will make no different whatsoever to its operation. The only difference might be in data transfer rate and this would only be worth considering in relation to transfers within your internal network as for normal users the ethernet data transfer rates are massively higher than internet connection speeds.

Depends what you mean by "on board stuff". A NIC card is most likely to be an on-board device nowadays. Whether your ethernet interface is on-board or a separate plug in card the serve the same function in which you choose to use will make no different whatsoever to its operation. The only difference might be in data transfer rate and this would only be worth considering in relation to transfers within your internal network as for normal users the ethernet data transfer rates are massively higher than internet connection speeds.

I have an addin nic card..My question is is it better to use this or the built in ethernet ...

I have an addin nic card..My question is is it better to use this or the built in ethernet ...

And I thought I'd answered that question - in short - whether "on-board" or an "add-in" card makes no difference whatever - they both serve exactly the same purpose in exactly the same way.

Back
Top Bottom