Windows 10 no audio from line out

bennyboy

Dear forum users.

Since a couple of day's I lost the ability to output sound from the line output of my desktop.The only sound I get is trough the display port of my gpu.

I updated all the sound drivers and still no avail. But there are 2 high definition audio controllers visible in the device manager. But one of those things failed with error code 10.

Might that be the problem and how do I fix it?

Try to uninstall them
Also make sure you have the latest Windows update installed on your device along with optional updates as well.

Type in the search box Command Prompt> right click and select RUN AS ADMIN> then write this command in it
* Write it as shown
1. sfc /scannow
2. dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Let both of them be completed to 100% and after that Restart your pc. That should fix it

If not, Open the Device Manager> head over to Sound, Video and Game controller option> select the one which has any sign or error, right click and select the option of scan for hardware changes.

btw is it normal that my sound card drivers(realtek) are missing? I also tryed installing those again but that didn't work.
Ale there still missing

Yes, it happens that sometimes Windows doesn't recognizes the drivers. Did you uninstalled both of the options in the sound,video and game controller option in device manager.
If not uninstall both of them, and also check mark the option of delete device drivers as well while you do that.

Yes, it happens that sometimes Windows doesn't recognizes the drivers. Did you uninstalled both of the options in the sound,video and game controller option in device manager.
If not uninstall both of them, and also check mark the option of delete device drivers as well while you do that.

I think I did that? I uninstalled it but not sure how to delete the device drivers :/

While you are selecting the uninstall option by right clicking on it, then in the uninstall window which opens, the last step will ask you to delete the device drivers, there check mark it, apply and ok

Back