Windows 7 No hardware accelerator???? NWN2

Tazcada

This is new one to me...running the latest catalyst drivers 9.5, although I've tried all the older drivers for Win7.

I have also tried running in compatibility mode for Vista SP1 and XP SP2. The game is as updated (and on my bandwidth that takes a while) to the latest version, I've checked the video card out three ways from Sunday, and I can't get past this error .

The error message is: "Unable to detect a video card with hardware 3D acceleration. Neverwinter Nights 2 requires a video card that supports then please make sure it is enabled"
and
"Hardware 3D acceleration appears to be disabled. If your video card supports 3D acceleration, please make sure it is enabled"

The card works fine in steam games, COD, Stalker, etc

Anybody seen this before?? Any ideas??

Have a look at Link Removed - Invalid URL mate. Has the info you need on page 4 at the bottom. Not sure what build you are using, but apparently it works on any after 7127

Last edited:
I upgraded from Vista 32 bit to Win7 Ultimate 32 bit. When I start a game say Solitaire, I get the error that
"The game is running in software rendering mode. Hardware accelerator is either disabled or not supported by your video card driver which could slow game performance. Make sure you have the latest video card driver installed and that hardware acceleration is turned on"

I never saw this message on vista. I have checked dxdiag and I see that I have nvidia, standard vga graphics card.

These are the details from running dxdiag -
=================
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
Manufacturer: (Standard display types)
Chip type: NVIDIA
DAC type: 8 bit
Display Memory: n/a
Dedicated Memory: n/a
Shared Memory: n/a
Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (1Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic Non-PnP Monitor
Driver Name: vga
Driver File Version: 6.01.7600.16385 (English)
Driver Version: 6.1.7600.16385
DDI Version: unknown
Driver Model: unknown
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 7/13/2009 16:25:51, 10752 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:

Driver Strong Name: Unknown
Rank Of Driver: Unknown
Video Accel:
Deinterlace Caps: n/a
D3D9 Overlay: n/a
DXVA-HD: n/a
DDraw Status: Not Available
D3D Status: Not Available
AGP Status: Not Available

Any idea how I can solve this issue?

Thanks.

What version of Nvidia drivers are you running, or are you running the driver built into Win 7 ?

If you're getting a message of "Card name: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter", it may be that your adapter needs new (or better) drivers. Or may need to just update your drivers. Since the problem seems to be happening in even the simple games like solitaire, I would assume that your GPU may not be registering properly in Win 7 and may need card-specific drivers. I could be wrong, but I'd try that first.

You could also look at the post by Loathe if that doesn't work..click on the "here" and scroll to the bottom. If you're still having issues in games, you may need to add the older dxdiag.dll to your folder, and that link will walk you through where and how.

Back
Top Bottom