No Save No Save As option where it should be

NewAtWindows

Am new to Windows. My problem I hope you can help me with is, I get no save or save as option, It simply does not appear in the box. I have spent hours trying to work this out, trying many combinations, but it is simply not there. Help please. I have work to do.

Am using Windows 8 with HP laptop, if that helps.

Last edited:

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
We don't know what "the box" means, can you tell us what program you're trying to save from?

NewAtWindows

OK ll do my best. Imagine a page of text. Right click produces a box with options. i am trying to save a scan which is on the desktop. When I right click, there are some options which appear in a box, but no save to option. Sorry I am very new to PCs. Have worked on Macs for years

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
So is this a file on the desktop? Are you opening the file and trying to save? What program are you opening it with?

NewAtWindows

Want to save file you know, save as with a new name to another location. There is no save as option appearing on desktop

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Save and Save As are generally only available in applications. Saving a file to another location would just be a copy and paste and rename of you want a different name

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.