Windows 8 No Save No Save As option where it should be

NewAtWindows

Am new to Windows. My problem I hope you can help me with is, I get no save or save as option, It simply does not appear in the box. I have spent hours trying to work this out, trying many combinations, but it is simply not there. Help please. I have work to do.

Am using Windows 8 with HP laptop, if that helps.

Last edited:
We don't know what "the box" means, can you tell us what program you're trying to save from?

OK ll do my best. Imagine a page of text. Right click produces a box with options. i am trying to save a scan which is on the desktop. When I right click, there are some options which appear in a box, but no save to option. Sorry I am very new to PCs. Have worked on Macs for years

So is this a file on the desktop? Are you opening the file and trying to save? What program are you opening it with?

Want to save file you know, save as with a new name to another location. There is no save as option appearing on desktop

Save and Save As are generally only available in applications. Saving a file to another location would just be a copy and paste and rename of you want a different name

Back