Windows Vista no sound and internet?

Mugdog

Okay, I recently installed Windows 7 on my Dell 8300 Demenision (Dual-Booting with XP Pro)

Everything runs just fine, sept for I can't connect to the internet, I tried installing network drivers I found for a "3Com 3C905TX-Based Ethernet Adapter" (based on system information from WinXP).

No luck...I'm not even sure if I'm looking for the right drivers, or for the right device. I'd appreciate it if you could help me out in anyway :)

Also, I use Suddenlink Cable Internet (wired connection using ethernet) if that helps any. If you need me to add any details then I will try my best to, thanks.

Last edited:
well i went to the dell website and looked for downloads for the dimension 8300, only xp drivers so not sure how much use they will be.

chipset -
Link Removed - Invalid URL

is this an onboard nic? or a separate one?

could be well worth looking in device manager under xp to see whats currently installed.

What you have to do is go to system tray and then device manager look for you network device and update the driver. Windows 7 will ask you where to look and you give it the location of the driver you have for vista. It will then install what it needs or it will tell you its not compatible but it will ask you do you want to install using manually you can try it I havent. My new problem is that IE 8 crawls at a snails pace. as for the sound problem let me know if ou solve it becuase I have the same problem.

Okay, I recently installed Windows 7 on my Dell 8300 Demenision (Dual-Booting with XP Pro)

Everything runs just fine, sept for I can't connect to the internet, I tried installing network drivers I found for a \"3Com 3C905TX-Based Ethernet Adapter\" (based on system information from WinXP).

No luck...I'm not even sure if I'm looking for the right drivers, or for the right device. I'd appreciate it if you could help me out in anyway :)

Also, I use Suddenlink Cable Internet (wired connection using ethernet) if that helps any. If you need me to add any details then I will try my best to, thanks.

1st.
It's not your Ethernet Adapter that you need drivers for but:
For your motherboard you need to find the drivers for it since your Ethernet Modem Port is probably installed there...
Like mien for example is nForce 4 series which is provided by Nvidia... So you need to go on to Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers
...and find the right driver.... or something in that direction! :razz:

2nd.
Your network provider has probably also given you a disc from which you can configure your network from! :cool:

Last edited:
Sound of silence

the problem I have is not related to the manufacturer of my board. I have an Intel audio on board system the Intel D946gzis to be exact. But windows 7 says it has installed the "Best Driver" for my device. yet I get Nothin,Nada, Zilch. I can hear a moth flap its wings its so quiet. Any help would be appreciated. Oh one more thing. the internet that used to run slow as death has officially died. windows says I have connectivity and signal, but I can't get online.

the problem I have is not related to the manufacturer of my board. I have an Intel audio on board system the Intel D946gzis to be exact. But windows 7 says it has installed the \"Best Driver\" for my device. yet I get Nothin,Nada, Zilch. I can hear a moth flap its wings its so quiet. Any help would be appreciated. Oh one more thing. the internet that used to run slow as death has officially died. windows says I have connectivity and signal, but I can't get online.

Try again...
Try those kind of drivers, I'm not an expert in this... but you don't seem to have a choice for now...
Link Removed - Invalid URL
If this doesn't work.... Then I can't really help you here... sorry... :redface:

Back
Top Bottom