Windows 7 No sound in IE8 video's

Lorenkjr see if your settings are the same as the screenshot.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Actually I fixed this myself. I got a tool called K-lite Codec tweak tool ran it and turned on all the codecs that were not on, and low and behold it works now. Now I am trying desparately to figure out how I turned all that stuff off and when did I do that? By the way, that is a stubborn problem to fix as it takes 1`0 to 15 minutes of real patience to turn all the stuff on.

Happened To Me

Actually I fixed this myself. I got a tool called K-lite Codec tweak tool ran it and turned on all the codecs that were not on, and low and behold it works now. Now I am trying desparately to figure out how I turned all that stuff off and when did I do that? By the way, that is a stubborn problem to fix as it takes 1`0 to 15 minutes of real patience to turn all the stuff on.

This happened to me a long time ago on Vista. A Microsoft Update was responsible. And I decided to keep my K-Lite Codec Package. The only thing I'm sorry about is that "K-Lite Codec Packages" come in three types. I would have rather have had "Ultra". It is getting harder and harder to find decent K-Lite Download sites where the package hasn't been corrupted.

Last edited:
Thank you VERY much kemical. I ran in to this problem yesterday. I thought it had something to do with a Flash and Java update I did.

Your screeny *pointed* me to the right place!

Back