Windows 7 No Sound, No Matter What I Try.

ogman

Honorable Member
I've got AC97 onboard, and a Creative X-fi Xtreme Audio card. I've installed drivers for both, using all the suggestions under other threads (including compatibility set to Vista and running as admin). I've also tried extracting drivers and updating from the device manager. Nothing works. I can't believe we are going to have to do the sound driver thing again with Windows 7. Any suggestions beyond those I have tried so far?

Thanks

i have made a coment about it. why don't you go to Sounds, and then go to Playback then select headphones with the right click Set as Default Device, on the headphones. (Don't plug no headsets to the Pc/laptop)

U must have sound after that :) i don't think u need to reboot.

Regards,
S.87

All tabs under sounds says no audio device installed. It's recognized in the device manager, but says the drivers were not properly installed.

Last edited:
I was using Vista SP1 and it worked great. I sent in feedback, so maybe they'll look into it. I did a quick search on Google and the problem is common.

Thanks for the effort.

I was using Vista SP1 and it worked great. I sent in feedback, so maybe they'll look into it. I did a quick search on Google and the problem is common.

Thanks for the effort.

I'm having the same problem with my Creative Audigy LS. It's quite annoying. I've tried almost everything and I'm running out of ideas.

I sent in feedback as well. Who knows how long it will take before this is addressed.

Hi
I am also having a problem with no sound i have Realtek High Definition Oboard Sound.
I did notice that in the device Manager it has this ->

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

I don't know if this is the 64bit that cause this or not i have tryed different drivers and set them in Vista and windows Xp Compatibilty mode. I also wiped all the drivers and reinstalled them.

Last edited:
I ran into the same problem when I first installed it on one of my desk which has a SoundBlast 5.1 Live (pretty old audio card). After searched over creative.com and downloaded the driver from there, running setup.exe in the driver folder, it didn't seem to work as supposed. I opened the device manager and found windows 7 did detect the audio card but without a proper driver. I took the following steps to make it work.

Double click the unrecognized device and go to driver tab then click at driver update, choose to Browse my computer for driver software, browse to the directory where the driver located, locate the driver for Vista. Now you are set to install the driver. Hopefully this works for you as well. Good luck!

Back