Windows 7 No sound through coaxial

bkelley

I have an HTPC setup and use the coaxial output on my computer for 5.1 surround sound. Worked fine when using XP, but since the switch to 7 I haven't been able to get it to work. All my other sound is fine. I was thinking it might have something to do with AC3 because the icon for AC3 used to show in the task bar when watching movies back when it worked, and now it's going through DiviX for some reason. I have all the latest audio codec packs and use Media Player Classic for video playback.

Thanks in advance for any help.

No. I wasn't sure if I could so I just went 32-bit. I have since found out that I am capable of running it, though.

ah, thats ok then. I'm running my SPDIF on x64 W7 but I cant use AC3filter as it only runs in 32bit apps. I did install the SHARK007 codec pack only and that works fine for me...

No, like this

rca-digital-coaxial-premium.jpg

Yes, it's coax with RCA connector.

Do you have a sound card these connectors, or is it on your home theater receiver?

What markings are onj the cable?

I'm running it from the onboard digital coaxial output on my computer to the digital coaxial input on my home theater receiver. I was using this exact setup for months on XP. It stopped working after the switch to 7.

Link Removed - Invalid URL That is the exact cable I am using. And the markings say RG-6/U.

In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32. then expand the Conmponents tree and choose a device
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it.
3. Download System Information Viwer
4. Download PC WIZARD 2008
5 Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

The sound card or motherboard would be of great help

Thanks for the info,

Just in case, for your video drivers.......Here's a link for the latest Radeon video drivers:drivers (Windows & WHQL)

ATI Catalystâ„¢ Mobility Display Driver

Drivers & Tools | GAME.AMD.COM

From what i';ve heard the Control Center does not work on Windows 7

Regarding the AC 97, there are so many different varieties out there, I need a little more info on that.

I'm looking for something like this:
AMD-8111 AC'97 Audio Controller Driver

For your specific board, I could only locate the following OS's for compatibility:

MSI MS-7184 Downloads

There is a Windows 7 driver directly from Realtek although I';m not certain it;s for your particular card:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Back