Windows 7 No Sound!!!!!!!!!

schleeman

Hello,

I recently downloaded the Windows 7 Beta build 7000. After install everything was working fine until i noticed that i had no sound. I am running a Creative sound blaster audigy card which is using the digital out on it to the digital coax of my 5.1 surround sound home theater reciever. I went into both itunes and windows media player and music or video will not play. I then went into a few games and noticed no sound either. I then went into control panel and it recognized that i had hooked everything up and was able to test the DTS and Dobly Digital. I have looked all over the web for solutions to the problem. I have gone out and tried to install the latest drivers for my card but it crashes my computer which then does a memory dump and restart. I also how X264 movies on my computer that play with sound perfectly fine in windows media player classic with coreAVC. Hopefully someone has had the same problem and knows what to do?

Thanks,
Shawn

same here i installed windows 7 with no problems and i get no sound once in a while i will hear a pop in the speakers as if its trying, im going to try and uninstall the speaker drivers then have windows 7 find them again , I am running w7 on a toshiba m105- s3064 if you guys can help it would be appreciated...thanks..

Audigy sound solution

If you have an Audigy card (I have an Audigy 4), the problem seems to be that the default selected is SPDIF out. If you disable SPDIF out, then the speakers become the new default. To do this, click on the volume icon in the system tray, then click on the icon at the top of the volume slider (should be SPDIF out device), then when the properties dialog box comes up, at the bottom select "Don't use this device (disable)".

That fixes it for me...

Thanks for the advice but i am using the SPDIF out on the sound card which is a 1/8 mono jack to a digital coax jack. The problem is i cant hear any other audio. All I can get out of my sound is the Digital steams like DTS and Dobly Digital.

I'm experiencing the same problem. I first started off with my onboard Realtek HD audio, after I installed all the drivers I think I had sounds for one moment. After a reboot it just stopped working. When I placed my Creative Audigy (24bit) and installed the drivers I rebooted again and it didnt auto startup the AEX console etc. So I tried it manually and gave me the error: 'The audio-device isnt getting supported, or hasnt been found. The program will be terminated.' (Translated from dutch). But when I look at Volume Mixer (right-click volume) it does show me activity when I'm playing iTunes. That also happened with the onboard audio-device.

Anyone?

1231802944-930.jpg

I got rid of my Audigy so I'm back with the onboard. Just installed all the drivers. It does give me activity again, too bad its only for the eyes, not the ears. Anyway, it DOES give me sound when I choose and test my configuration.. I'll keep trying!

Last edited:
Thanks, that worked. :)

If you have an Audigy card (I have an Audigy 4), the problem seems to be that the default selected is SPDIF out. If you disable SPDIF out, then the speakers become the new default. To do this, click on the volume icon in the system tray, then click on the icon at the top of the volume slider (should be SPDIF out device), then when the properties dialog box comes up, at the bottom select "Don't use this device (disable)".

That fixes it for me...

Oh and by the way, I had a "Headphones" option on.. I just disabled it and got the speakers working.
Thanks again.

I was having the same problem with no sound. This is what worked for me...

- Click on the volume icon in the system tray, then click on the icon at the top of the volume slider
- Go to Properties
- Then Change Settings
- Driver tab
- Roll Back Driver
- Reboot

Works great now. Just using onboard sound (no sound card).

hey i just disabled SPDIF thing.. and it was gone.. how can i get it back?

nvm.. i just got it solved

Last edited:
Solution

Hi all

I clicked start and then divices and printers. I right clicked on my computer and choose hardware. I scrolled down to the sound device and clicked twice. Then i Uninstalled it.

Then the sound icon in the bottom right had a red cross across over it. I right clicked and troubleshot and after that the sound was back on my computer.

Hope this works for you.

Good luck.

regards

Jfrahm

After a clean install of Windows 7 on an old PC equipped with external speakers the speakers didn't work. This board gave me some ideas. I navigated to Control Panel | Hardware and Sound | Sound. Three sound icons were displayed. The 'Headphones' device was set as the default. The 'no speakers' issue was resolved by selecting the 'Speakers' icon and clicking on the 'Set as Default' button located in the next-to-bottom row of the open 'Sound' window. Thanks to all for the posts on this forum.

After a clean install of Windows 7 on an old PC equipped with external speakers the speakers didn't work. This board gave me some ideas. I navigated to Control Panel | Hardware and Sound | Sound. Three sound icons were displayed. The 'Headphones' device was set as the default. The 'no speakers' issue was resolved by selecting the 'Speakers' icon and clicking on the 'Set as Default' button located in the next-to-bottom row of the open 'Sound' window. Thanks to all for the posts on this forum.

Thanks for registering to let us know what's worked for you! Welcome to the forum :)

I was having the same problem with no sound. This is what worked for me...

- Click on the volume icon in the system tray, then click on the icon at the top of the volume slider
- Go to Properties
- Then Change Settings
- Driver tab
- Roll Back Driver
- Reboot

Works great now. Just using onboard sound (no sound card).

Hi, Thanks so much for the instructions it work well....yehhhh...:thumbs_up:

Back
Top Bottom