Windows 7 not all memory available

djjoshchambers

I've looked around on this forum and I've found several other people with this same problem but I doing what they said does not resolve anything.

Long story short I am running windows 7 64bit and have 3GB of ram installed. When I look it shows I have 3GB there but only 992MB available. Below you will see a screen shot of windows saying that as well as my msinfo32 screen. I have run a windows memory test and it shows no problems and when I boot in vista 32bit home premium it shows 3GB with all available.

Does anyone have any ideas? The only thing I can think of is my Geforce 8800 died last week and right now I'm running on the built in card on my mobo. Its a geforce 6100. Maybe the lack of a video card is sucking up all my ram? If thats the case thats strange because vista didnt do that.

My PC specs are:

Windows 7 64 bit
AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 4600+
3 GB DDR2 Ram
350GB Segate HDD
GIGABYTE GA-M61P-S3 AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 / nForce 430 ATX AMD Motherboard

Try build 7100.
That fixed the problem for me.
It seems this problem is quite common with many threads on here about it. :confused:

it turns out it was my video card. Windows 7 was being a resource hog and since it didnt have a video card to do the graphics the onboard card was used and sucked up all my RAM. Once I installed my new 9600GT my full 3GB came back with no problem.

Back
Top Bottom