Windows Vista nothing written for 64 !

wrabbitt

i'm sorry but, Vista is going to go the way of 2000 or ME. XP is going to be hard to top. Vista is a better downgrade than me but, still shows the ignorance of microsoft. when we change op systems its usually upgade . Xp has been restored . no more stupid time wasting run in circles nonsense programs.. try again when programs have been written for 64, vistas new name EDSEL

you being sorry don't change my liking of vista.
when you learn how to run a computer, you will like and be interested how each os works.

Is there a specific problem that you are having? If you post details maybe someone will have an answer.

don't have no problems with xp

i spend 16 hr a day on the computer and Vista has been shoved in our face and we are told its better than anything else remember the commodore 64? top of the heap.

95,98 ME 2000,vista in twenty years which will be remembered?

Hi! Vista just came out on the market. What? say just last July or August. They are still writing programs, one might come out suddenly.

i'm sorry but, Vista is going to go the way of 2000 or ME. XP is going to be hard to top. Vista is a better downgrade than me but, still shows the ignorance of microsoft. when we change op systems its usually upgade . Xp has been restored . no more stupid time wasting run in circles nonsense programs.. try again when programs have been written for 64, vistas new name EDSEL

Choosing the 64bit path either in XP or Vista is always going to be a bit of a uphill struggle. The reason why people bother with the hassle is that when 64bit works it works very well. If you cannot be bothered with the extra hassle a 64bit os path brings then go 32bit and have a easier life..:p

Let me get this straight, because my little machine can expand one day. Have they got programs for a 64 bit or haven't they? I read this stuff, and I'm glad I'm a 32 bit. Sincerely, Celestra

There is but as you can probably guess they are not as widespread as 32bit. Hence my remarks above, 64bit is the future though and one day we will all probably be using it.

64-bit applications are mostly used for scientific software and heavy data crunching. The real benefit of having a 64-bit computer right now is the ability to support more than 3 GB of RAM.

I thought I post my first post here. I´ve been trying for several months to install and to run vista x64 and now I finally have ! My pimary problem have been my graphic card , ati radeon x1950. But this last time I tried to reinstall vista x64, there were a driver for my card at windows update, and I think that did the trick for me.
I also discovered that my "C" hd was faulty as well as another of my hds.
So that may also had an impact on my troublesome journey to a succesful installation of vista x64 :)

i have used 64-bit XP since Beta in 2003 and Vista since Beta in 2006
both work fine, Adobe Photoshop & Premiere supports 64-bit, Paint.NET supports 64-bit, most antivirus supports 64-bit, even my canon printer has 64-bit drivers, for both vista and xp x64, my graphics card, sound card, TV Card i got form ebay, has 64-bit drivers for both xp x64 and vista x64 the only thing i have that dosnt have 64-bit drivers is my phone update software (Sony Ericsson), VirtualDub has 64-bit version, most things has 64-bit version now, so it was a trainwheck in 2004 etc when only 5% of HARDWARE manufactures and software develpers had made 64-bit drivers and software, but NOW its WAY better most software has 64-bit support, and most devinces on motherboards has 64-bit right on the driver cd

and what software does not work?
HIT ME!!! :rolleyes: or all spank you

Ok the naysayers out here.....

as posted elsewhere there has never been an OS that came out that everyone was thrilled with.... hell xp was crusified when it came out.

Please understand that there is a learning curve here it will take time to work out the bugs.

This is really is not the fault of MS, there are a million totally differant computers out there (my system is not the same as yours if one component is differant).

Just try writing code for that many differant systems and see how many errors pop up.

As far as nothing written for 64 bit

I was arround when 16 bit went to 32 bit and on this subject history has repeated it self (nothing was written for 32 bit)

One of the main reasons for 64 Bit is that the 32 bit system is at its limit.

32 bit systems mathmatically can not run more then 4 gig of memory and software is already pushing the 2 gig usage.

That being said there is NO CHOICE 32 bit will eventually go the way of 16 bit

Net :eek:

Back