Windows 8 'npsvctrig.sys' causing BSOD on Windows 8.1

Today, I tried to Dual-boot Windows 7 from my Windows 8.1 computer (to test driver due to seperate bsod problem)

After I shutdown Win7, I logged on to windows 8.1 and it crashes like minutes with all the same error "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA".
It usually happens when I play a video.

My PC supposed to be crashing 3-4 days but not every minutes.

(litterally all the same error and error codes)
can't send .dmp files due to errors.
(This thread is written in Android)
EDIT: I uninstalled Windows 7 and bsods are keep going.

Threads merged to save confusion.

Did you manage to boot from Win 7 and if so was the bsod present?

Threads merged to save confusion.

Did you manage to boot from Win 7 and if so was the bsod present?
The BSOD wasnt present on Win7 but The Win8.1 is having a bsod when playing a media (even when win7 uninstalled) and the problem is seperate from npsrvtrig.sys problem
Edit: I mean by:
(merged thread)==================
-I installed Windows 7 as a dual boot usually to test drivers
-then I came back to win8.1 but it crashes when I play a video or some media
-I uninstalled win7 to see if the solution worked
-Still not working, I tried Driver Verifier, MemTest86, Defrag, and diskcleanup (did not try chkdsk yet) on win8.1
(this thread) ======================
-npsrvctrig.sys is a seperate problem

Last edited:
The BSOD wasnt present on Win7 but The Win8.1 is having a bsod when playing a media (even when win7 uninstalled) and the problem is seperate from npsrvtrig.sys problem
It sounds like you'd be better off back on win 7, at least then you would have some support from your manufacturers support page..

Normally I'd advise to bring your drivers and bios up to date but you have no way of doing this.

You could always try searching for a forum which deals specifically with laptops especially yours, maybe someone has found a good driver source or similar

It sounds like you'd be better off back on win 7, at least then you would have some support from your manufacturers support page..

Normally I'd advise to bring your drivers and bios up to date but you have no way of doing this.

You could always try searching for a forum which deals specifically with laptops especially yours, maybe someone has found a good driver source or similar
Unfortunately, Windows 7 support is ending...well....I try soon.

Note: I tried to play videos on Modern Videos App, Video editor and others and I didn't get a BSOD. I'm only having a BSOD with Windows Media Player.

Attachments

• Capture 46.PNG
    Capture 46.PNG
    43.1 KB · Views: 411
Try these scans:

File scans
Open a 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Try these scans:

File scans
Open a 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.
Still not working. :/.

Today, I got a random minidump file but I didn't saw any bsod. maybe during the boot or the last shutdown.

Attachments

• 052819-28125-01.zip
    31.8 KB · Views: 411
As I mentioned earlier your machine was designed and intended to be used with Windows 7. I know it's coming to an end and this is unfortunate but your machine would probably run far better using the os it was designed for.

The dump file related to an attempt at a illegal instruction. Which Anti-virus software do you use?

As I mentioned earlier your machine was designed and intended to be used with Windows 7. I know it's coming to an end and this is unfortunate but your machine would probably run far better using the os it was designed for.

The dump file related to an attempt at a illegal instruction. Which Anti-virus software do you use?
I don't have any anti-viruses. Except the built-in Windows Defender. I didn't install any because of how antiviruses consume a lot of RAM.

I don't want to downgrade back to windows 7, outdated, old and support is ending (While I made a lot of data on Windows 8 Modern Apps).

SYS file errors are typically caused by faulty hardware or corrupt device driver files. Because of the importance of Npsvctrig.sys in the functionality of Windows 8 Pro and other Windowsfunctions, any corruption or damage to this file can create critical system errors in the form of a "blue screen of death" (BSOD).

Also, I have BSODs last month. They're mostly the same errors. (and accidentally cleaned all crash dumps from July 2019)

Starting in July 2019, My PC freezes every time when I try to reconnect to the network after having a limited connection, or sometimes...bluescreens. Most of them having the error "Page fault in non paged area", and the ones "whea uncorrectable error"

Attachments

• Aug12-Sept1.zip
    85.1 KB · Views: 301
I have found out that this BSOD was caused by motherboard damage due to incorrect drivers. From my old PC, Continuous BSODs appear. (April 2020-June 2020). It's no longer working today. (Boot loop, no screen signal, loops every 5 seconds)

This error may be caused due to driver issues.
Follow these steps to update the drivers:

Update the device driver
  1. In the search box on the taskbar, enter device manager, then select Device Manager.
  2. Select a category to see names of devices, then right-click (or press and hold) the one you'd like to update.
  3. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
  4. Select Update Driver.

Back
Top Bottom