Windows 7 Nvidia 6200 Problems - Driver Doesn't Work!

LastGuyonEarth

I have probably made some sort of mistake along the way of getting to this point, but I'm not all that sure.

-Installed the Nvidia Win7 driver through Nvidia's website. It told me to reboot, and Aero still wasn't working.
-Uninstalled Win7 driver, tried the Windows Update method. Still doesn't work.
-Tried the DriverMax Agent, but I'm really not sure if I should even try to delve into the Vista drivers. Sure, Windows7 uses the Vista kernel as a stepping stone, but it's probably modified. I'm not sure if the Vista driver would work on this kernel.

Whenever I look at the installed driver in Device Manager, I get the resulting error:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

I really want to be able to use compositing, Desktop Effects, and be able to at least play a few 3D games. What would be the best way to get the driver working?

A few Specs (ask for more if needed):

-Pentium 4 Processor 2.60 GHz
-Nvidia GeForce 6200
-Win7 Ultimate Build 7022.

Last edited:
are you running 32 or 64 bit ?

have you tried a complete unninstall of the device then retry ?

which driver are you using at present as theres a lot of different drivers on the nvidia website ?

Did you run the Windows Experience Index Score test after installing the driver?
You need to go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Performance and Information and re-run the WEI after a driver install so that Windows can see that your graphics card meets the requirements hardware-wise for Aero.

I've tried to install the Driver several times through both Windows Update and Nvidia's main site.

Nvidia's driver is the generically-titled "Windows 7 BETA Driver", which shows up as a "Pre-Release", it doesn't work.

When I try to get it through Windows update, it's titled the same thing. I remembered to uninstall any other drivers before running it.

And finally, WEI doesn't finish. However, this may be because I uninstalled my Nvidia driver before running it. I'm not sure, though, as I recall it failing before.

I'll keep you gents posted.

Another option is trying different drivers found here: Link Removed due to 404 Error
They carry drivers with modded infs that allow you to install for any videocard. I go there for drivers for my GO 6100 because NVidia and the manufacturer doesn't provide them.

Thanks, I suppose I'll give those a whirl.

The WEI still doesn't work after installing Nvidia's Win7 Beta Driver (Prerelease-WDDM 1.0)

A few Specs (ask for more if needed):

-Pentium 4 Processor 2.60 GHz
-Nvidia GeForce 6200
-Win7 Ultimate Build 7022.

two questions ...............
what is your motherboard ?
Is your OS 64 or 32 bit ?

microsoft say "Code 43Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Recommended resolution

One of the drivers controlling the device notified the operating system that the device failed in some manner.

If you have already run the Troubleshooting Wizard, you might want to check the hardware documentation for more information about diagnosing the problem."

ahh suitably vague but as i remember the last time I came across this error was in vista when the agp bridge driver wasn't working properly and was fixed by finding the right driver for the motherboard , In your case it could be the PCI standard PCI to PCI bridge ?

I would suggest you unninstall the graphic card drivers completely then explore in device manage to make sure all other drivers are properly installed and working with no conflicts.

good luck :cool:

windows 7 6200 driver Problems cured

not sure what is wrong with the install from windows 7 or the one from Nvidia but i found that this worked for me and i have the latest driver working

step 1 get winrar or 7-zip (I used 7-zip for this)
step 2 download the 181.71_geforce_win7_32bit_international_beta.
step 3 once you have downloaded the exe file.(do not run the installer) extract the file with 7-zip to a directory of your choice as long as you know where you are putting it
step 4 uninstall the generic drive windows 7 will auto install. it will try to install the correct one from the update dont let it.
step 5 reboot
step 6 click the start menu, right click my computer, in the drop down box click manage
step 7 in the mmc control panel on the left click device manager
step 8 you will notice that your you have no display listed it should be listed under other devices. right click it and in the drop down box click update driver
step 9 here is where it will pop up and ask if you want to browse your computer or have it look for you click browse your computer and browse to the directory you extracted the exe file to in step 3 and click open it will install the driver and work flawlessly

step 1 get winrar or 7-zip (I used 7-zip for this)
step 2 download the 181.71_geforce_win7_32bit_international_beta.
step 3 once you have downloaded the exe file extract the file with 7-zip to a directory of your choice as long as you know where you are putting it
step 4 uninstall the generic drive windows 7 will auto install it will try to install the correct one from the update dont let it.
step 5 reboot
step 6 click the start menu, right click my computer, in the drop down box click manage
step 7 in the mmc control panel on the left click device manager
step 8 you will notice that your you have no display listed it should be listed under other devices. right click it and in the drop down box click update driver
step 9 here is where it will pop up and ask if you want to browse your computer or have it look for you click browse yoru computer and browse to the directory you extracted the exe file to in step 3 and click open it will install the driver and work flawlessly

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom