Windows 7 Nvidia graphic issue

reghakr

Essential Member
I tossed my HP and scavenged the Geforce 8500GT (512 MB RAM with HDMI out) and a Creative Labs 7.1 channel sound card with optical ins and outs.

I put these components in a cheap E-Machine which had an onboard Geforce 6100 nForce 405 128 MB adapter..

Upon restart, Windows didn't identify the new Geforce 8500GT card.

I'm dual-booting Windows 7 Pro and Vista Home Premium. What I did was go to Nvidia's site and download the correct drivers, however I did this sin Vista rather than Windows 7. When I restarted in Windows 7, I had the drivers ready fir install. When I tried installing it failed and then even worse, didn't identify the Geforce 6100 nForce 405 . I was stuck with the Standard VGA driver and i tried everything to make It identify at least one of the Geforce adapters.

Right now, i took out the 8500GT and am using the Geforce 6100 nForce 405 (pre-release WDDM 1.0. It's working on both Vista and Windows 7

I need the 8500GT to work so I can connect It up to my home theater system as I had with the HP computer

My question is...........Should I install the drivers for the new Nvidia card in Windows 7 rather than Vista?

Does this make any sense:

One is v calling for an important upgrade,. that's the on that states an update to the Nvidia 8500GT.

The optional update is the actual Nvidia driver,itself

When you put the card in did you then go into the bios and disable the onboard graphics? Sometimes when you fit a card and you have onboard graphics too it will use the card by default but you never know... I'd at least check what options there are the bios just in case.

Got it,. but I still have the WDDM driver, not sure if I want to chance going to Nvidia's site for their driver.

Every things working fine.

Thanks for your help.:)

Back