Office 2007 does not Install

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Software' started by djassa1, Jan 11, 2009.

1. djassa1

djassa1 New Member

Tried vista compatibility mode and getting error 1935 everytime. Seems related to .Net not installed or corrupted. Tried to reinstall .net which is embeded in Windows 7 with no success. In control panel when I try to activate Windows features I am getting another error "Al features where not successfully installed"
    Will be really happy if I can run a version of Office with W7.

2. prazvt

prazvt New Member

I just installed Office 2007 Enterprise about 30 minutes ago...didn't do any compatibility or anything and it installed fine. In fact, Windows update detected it and I did all the office updates. I don't remember having to install any .net stuff though.

3. Johnor

Johnor New Member

Same here.

4. pvatt256

pvatt256 New Member

I am having the same problem. When I try to install Office 2007 Enterprise or Pro I get the error 1935. I dont know why some people are able to while others are not

5. de Silentio

de Silentio New Member

Not that it helps, but no problems on my end. Office 2007 and OneNote 2007 installed with no problems.

6. pixolite

pixolite New Member

I've installed Office '07 Enterprise no problems, only thing I can recommend is a clean install, and reformating.

7. sardog12

sardog12 Senior Member

I installed Enterprise 2007 and all updates without any problems. What version are you trying to install?

8. haxcid

haxcid Senior Member

Office 2007 installed fine for me this morning. No problems what so ever. I even installed SaveAsPdf and Outlook Backup tools. Everything worked flawlessly.

9. sacoward

sacoward New Member

I am having a similar problem. This is what I posted over at the TechNet forums with absolutely no response.

So I loaded up a fresh install of Windows 7 32 bit and I just tried to install Office 2007 Small Business edition. I am able to load up the install process, enter the product key, prove that I have a former edition of Office, customize the install process, and then I get this error message "Microsoft Office Small Business 2007 installation did not complete successfully. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Any ideas? Surely Windows 7 works with Office 2007?

One thought . . . how many of you are using an upgrade version of Office 2007 vs. a full version. I am using an upgrade version. Could that be part of the problem?

Update - I think I found a solution.
    Well at least it worked for me . . . I copied all the files from my DVD to a folder on my hard drive and I was able to successfully install it from there. While I was at it, I slipstreams SP1 as well. Here's a guide to how to do it. Microsoft Office 2007 SP1 Installation & Slipstream Guide

#9 sacoward, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  10. Neon401

Neon401 New Member

Same here.

11. onyonsilk

onyonsilk New Member

Office 2007 error

When I run office 2007 from the hard drive or CDrom I recieve this message when it start installing files." Setup cannot find Office.en-us\dwtrig20.exe.Browse to the valid installation source, then click ok."
    I have done that but it still says the same. I also browse and verify that the file is the and the security it at full control both by system and administrator and it is. Can some one help me? Windows & still have a problem with .msi files cuz I try to install to program and it give an error saying the *.msi doesnot exist or corrupt.

12. djassa1

djassa1 New Member

Finally I fixed the problem by reinstalling Windows 7. My first install was corrupt and many windows features were missing including .net. Don't know how this happened because I did not get any errors during install.

13. Kyle

Kyle New Member

It may also depend on the version of Office you're installing.
    I used a version called Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise "Blue" Edition, and that worked flawlessly. (It's a tech-bench version)
    However, installing from a legal copy, or a regular enterprise or other pirated version may not.

14. Scuur

Scuur New Member

I am able to do a install of the Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007, but when I try to activate it it crashes.
    After I type in the key it confirms it's real then it starts configuring and gives me this error: Microsoft setup Bootstrapper has stopped working.

15. ComputerGeek

ComputerGeek Senior Member

I have a legit copy of Office 2007 Enterprise and it installed correctly, complete, not upgrade. I did a custom install and selected everything to "Run from my computer" and it installed faster than ever with no problems.

I installed SP1 and did the Microsoft Update and if d/l the office patches.

Only problems i'm having now is Word freezes when saving (known issue) and Outlook doesn't connect to Hotmail unless you reenter your password and press OK 3 times.

16. LarryLaser

LarryLaser New Member

I Think you might be true, I am Running MS Office 2007 Pro with SP1 already Slipped, (not that I am impressed with 07 version. I have less bugs and problems with 03) On my laptop Lenovo 3000 n100 with Win 7. So far only a couple of minor problems.:frown:

17. mattplaybass

mattplaybass New Member

Error 1935

I'm having the same problem. Legit copy of Enterprise. Error 1935. I'm running the 64-bit Windows 7 Beta. Those of you who said it worked fine, which version of Windows 7 are you running out of curiosity's sake?

18. sardog12

sardog12 Senior Member

I am installing Microsoft Office Enterprise Edition from our VLA and had not issues installing it or any of the other software (Visio, Project, etc...). I have a copy of Pro Plus which I will try on another laptop shortly, but I don't expect any issues. It didn't have SP1 already installed or slipstreamed. Matter of fact, as soon as I ran the updates, SP1 downloaded and installed without any problems.

#18 sardog12, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  19. kev_b

kev_b Honorable Member

My Office 2007 is tied in with Equipt, I couldn’t get Equipt to install fully and does not work but I some how got the office software to work and activated, still a mystery how I managed that. :confused:
    Had no trouble installing office 2003 but I couldn't activate it because the box asking me what country I live in would only display this symbol ( and no countries.

20. securetech

securetech New Member

Me too

I too cannot get Office 2007 to install on Windows 7. Completely clean install of Windows 7, completely valid Office 2007 Enterprise. Same 1935 error, complaining about component missing. Incidentally, I tried installing both a SP1 slip-streamed version of Office 2007 and the "plain" version of Office 2007.

I have seen this comment on other sites on the web as well, this is not a unique problem....