Windows 7 Office 2010

Itune and Office 2010 64 bit

Itune will not work using 64 bit of Office 2010, 32 bit itune will work. The calendar portion of Outlook won't update the iphone you get an error message after sync. The 32 bit works perfect.

I did not like ribbon bar in 2007 and still do not like it in 2010 call me old fashioned. I do have a office add in that gives me the the old menu bar It was for Office 2007 and it works in Office 2010 at least in the 32 bit version get it at
High Performance Add-ins and Tools for Microsoft Office. It is for the folks that like the old memu bar, you will have both the memu bar and the ribbon bar to use once added to 2010 or office 2007

^^ 2010 has a feature thru which u can customize the ribbon, read it in their blog.

Let me update my issue,
Installed the public beta, same place, same error. I was trying to install this in my domain account, so thought this would be an issue and tried installing using my local account.
Errr... same place, same error.

I have no office now, and if I install my old 2007, I have to configure and customize everything!!! Finally decided, lets do it.

Installed the 2007 version, opened outlook to check my official email.

I cant believe my eyes, it was like outlook was never removed from the computer. All data, accounts intact. Bingo!!!!

Installed outlook connector for my hotmail account, wihout a hitch, it too connected and delivered my new emails.

Saved lots of time. But, when we remove 2007, doesnt it remove everything except for the personal data? Was this the issue for my error?

Googled and came to know, tht if a error occurs, we have to check the install log. But where it is getting saved?

Gonna post my error in their forum, hoping to get a answer!!!

, please note they recommend you use 32 version even if you are running w7 64 bit. Also they sa yo must uninstall any previous versions of Office, I my test it on my laptop or on an older backup machine on which I have vista 32 running
Download Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 Beta

Maybe the reason for the recomendation is, that as a Beta, it is intended for testing and 32Bit will be the higher percentage release and Microsoft need more feedback in that area?- just a thought. I am running both, on 32Bit and 64Bit machines. I am not a prolific Office user, but so far have not encountered any problems. A couple of small additions, but apart from a changed interface, I don't see any remarkable differences from 2007.

Outlook looks a little different, there was something about installing text messaging when I custumed installed the Beta 2010, I elected not to install it. I wonder what that was?. I did not install all the features of 2010 such as one and Vizo nor access as these are not programs I use

This is one I will gladly buy. Outlook suits me just fine. And Access is even understandable for a change. I think Microsoft is getting much better for a change. It certainly took a while.

dont remember seeing anything like tht.
New update: Rather than testing in my current OS, thought of trying it in Vista. So, removed 2007 version and installed 2010.

Bingo!!!! Install successful. But why not Win 7?

Got the MAK when downloading the beta. Opened Word, Cliked on Help, Clicked on change product key.

Pasted the key, green thingy did its job and gave an option attempt to check it online. Check marked it, clicked on Continue.

The setup started with options Install now and Customize. Is this an bug? Why am I not able to activate?

I feel the purpose of this thread started is not fulfilled. Its going off topic!!!!

Update on activation:
Ran the setup as admin under C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\OFFICE14\Office Setup Controller
Selected enter a product key, pasted the product key, clicked on continue, gave a page which had an option customize, clicked on it, took about 10 minutes and gave a success message.
Opened Word and went to Help. Product is activated.

Gonna try installing the same in win 7. Before install, gonna check for any left over of 2007 using windows installer utility.

Wish me luck.

dont remember seeing anything like tht.
New update: Rather than testing in my current OS, thought of trying it in Vista. So, removed 2007 version and installed 2010.

Bingo!!!! Install successful. But why not Win 7?

Got the MAK when downloading the beta. Opened Word, Cliked on Help, Clicked on change product key.

Pasted the key, green thingy did its job and gave an option attempt to check it online. Check marked it, clicked on Continue.

The setup started with options Install now and Customize. Is this an bug? Why am I not able to activate?

No. It is not a bug. It is installing some final issues regarding future updates and add ons - not available until you activate. If you click install, it will run for a couple of minutes and you are in business. If you now go into "File" -Help, you will see that it is now activated.

Sorry. Late reply. I've just read your last post. congrats! fwiw. You can activate through the same path.

Last edited:
New update: Thought of giving a try again in Win 7. So,
Removed 2007. Removed Outlook connector.
Logged in as default administrator account. Ran installer clean up and made sure no office appz are listed. Started the install..waiting..waiting..there you go, same place, same error message.
Ran the installer clean up and removed all VC++ redistributable files, removed sharedview, removed VB files, removed MSVCRT. Hmmm.
Started the install again, same ERROR!!!! Errr....

Went into %temp%, opened the text document for the failed install.

There were some lines saying failed and error, see them below,

First error/failed message,
Error: Failed to install product: C:\MSOCache\All Users\{20140000-003D-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C\SingleImageWW.msi ErrorCode: 1603(0x643).
MSI(INFO): 'MarshalPatchProperties_PublishP: ERROR: OcaSetProperty(PublishPatchARPMachine): property name should be no longer than 20 chars'
MSI(INFO): 'Property(S): ERRORSUPPORTTEXT_PROBLEM = If problem persists, contact Microsoft Product Support Services (PSS) for assistance. For information about how to contact PSS, see C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\Setup00000c64\PSS10R.CHM.'
MSI(INFO): 'Property(S): ERRORSUPPORTTEXT_PERMISSION = Verify that you have sufficient permissions to access the registry or contact Microsoft Product Support Services (PSS) for assistance. For information about how to contact PSS, see C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\Setup00000c64\PSS10R.CHM.'

The above 2 line of error is shown many a times in many a places. Doubt is, I have logged in as the default admin account created by in 7, then how come there would be a message saying no sufficient privileges?

I also referred to the .chm file mentioned in the error line. It is a help doc for identifying the product key.

Any guesses/clues?

You could try (last thought) to right clcik the .exe and "extract here". Then run the program from setup.exe??

@Drew,
Will try your suggestion when I reach home, but the same exe I downloaded from MS works fine in Vista. Anyways, no more assumptions. Will re-download afresh and start from scratch.

@RAK
Seems 2 be a gud suggestion, trying now!!!

Update: RAK,
Tried as u said, gave a error message,
The language of this installation package is not supported by your system
Checked the same in Office 2010 forum, and it seems this error occurs when you try to extract the exe and then run the setup.

So, ur suggestion is ruled out.

Last edited:
Drew, you are real lucky. Infact I was also surprised to see all my data, contacts, folders were intact after re-install of 2007. But my only concern is to make 2010 work in my Win 7.

Tel me 1 thing, u too did a clean install. Can you tell me the steps what you did for a clean install?
What I did was,
Opened add/remove programs, removed Office 2007.
From the same place removed outlook connector.
Once done, restarted the machine and ran the installer.

What else should I remove? I have a whole lot of MS products, but nothing related to Office (I guess)
Windows Live complete package
Silverlight
Sharedview (I removed this)
Some re-distributables like VC++, VB et all.

I am having to wait every time I open Microsoft word in office 2010 for it to configure. Is anyone else having this problem or is this just normal for a beta version.

I am having to wait every time I open Microsoft word in office 2010 for it to configure. Is anyone else having this problem or is this just normal for a beta version.

all my office 2010 open much faster than 2007 including word so maybe you have a specific issue :(

That is what I was afraid of. Microsoft office outlook I have no problem with. It is just word. I agree with you that it opens much faster than office 2007. I might uninstall and reinstall it to see what happens.

I don't know if I found the problem, but I uninstalled Microsoft Office Smiles and everything for now is working good. I hope that was what I needed to do.

@Drew
No change. Did as u have instructed, same place, same error. Sick of trying it.

Any other solutions?

Back
Top Bottom