Office 2010

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Software' started by arfursleep, Jul 4, 2010.

1. arfursleep

arfursleep Senior Member

I have recently purchased Office 2010 Professional Plus. I am a student and at weekends I spend time with my parents about 150 miles away from my normal residence. Can I install the software on my PC that I use at my residence and will I be able to install a second copy at my parents house where I can continue to do course work at weekends?

Any help and guidance with the two installations will be most grateful

Many Thanks

2. Highwayman

Highwayman Extraordinary Member

It will be in the terms and conditions presented on the installer, technically yes you can install it but I don't know if the activation will work once used without it being a multiple volume licence key. Microsoft are quite liberal minded with the student licence but I'm not sure if that stretches to a multi licence.

3. cybercore

cybercore New Member

Office Professional Plus 2010 Retail 1PC License will let you activate it on 1 PC only.

4. arfursleep

arfursleep Senior Member

Thank you. It is the student version that I have purchased and this is the information that I read

How many computers can I install the software on?

You may:
    1. install and use a copy of the Software on one personal computer or other device;
    2. install an additional copy of the Software on a second, portable device for the exclusive use of the primary user of the first copy of the Software
    Does this mean two main PC's or one main PC and a Laptop which I dont possess

Many thanks once again

5. Highwayman

Highwayman Extraordinary Member

yea that kind of suggests one PC and a laptop with single user access.