Windows 7 OK I give up -- I can't Break build 7022 (X-32)

jimbo45

Hi guys
I've been trying to Break W7 build 7022 -- for ALL the apps I use (even legacy XP stuff for which there are no known VISTA / W7 updates) Build 7022 works 100%.

Note this was an upgrade (XP===>VISTA ULTIMATE (32 Bit) ==>W7 Build 7022.

Ony issues are

1) Can't uninstall Microsoft Powertoy (Deskmanager) -- The XP virtual Desktop manager -- won't run (of course) and its my fault as the VISTA compability told me to uninstall it before upgrading -- so I'll have to delete it manually from the Registry.

2) Vmware workstation -- Vmware told me a new version was available -- upgrade gave me network problems with the Virtual Ethernet adapters (vmnet0 - Bridged and vmnet8 NAT).
Uninstalling and doing a fresh install of VMWARE workstation cured the problem.

You still need to "Hide" the __vmware_user__ user id from the logon screen - same method as in build 7000.

So as far as I'm concerned Build 7022 is a real WINNER.

Now to play with the 64 bit version -- although AFAIK there isn't a later build than 7000 -- any news -- Kyle perhaps ??.

Cheers
jimbo

Well, not sure if I've ever been happy to hear someone say they give up. It is pretty awesome that you can't break it though. Goes to show that MS has learned from past mistakes, and are looking to give people something that is both very functional, and easy to use.

Agreed, Microsoft does seem to be learning from past mistakes this time around.. :) I have to say that Windows 7 Build 7022 (32 bit) is just that.. something that is very functional and easy to use.. ;) I can only imagine that Build 7032 and the RC and RTM will be even better!! Which at this point is hard to believe.. I don't know what else they could add or do to really make it better than it already is.. But I know they'll pull something out of their hats.. so to speak... ;) And I for one can't wait to see what that something is..

This is more positive news showing MS is truly focusing on quality. I am looking forward to the RC and the RTM.

Jimbo, 7032 has trickled down to a few outside sources, but I have yet to get my hands on it. It appears to be both 32 and 64 bit versions on the same disk (I'm hearing a 3.8 GB ISO) so if it ever gets down to the right channels that could be promising, but I kind of doubt it. Probably not another leak for a month.

Hi there -- thanks for the info -- meanwhile I'm very pleased with 7022 -- IMO DEFINITELY worth installing even from 7000 which I still though excellent for a Beta.

So far 7022 is running just like an RC version. Pity there wasn't (or if there is it's extremely well hidden) a 64 bit version of 7022.

Cheers
jimbo

Now that I am using Build 7000(and fargin loving it), I was chomping at the bit waiting for 7022,
THEN 7032 came out :p

Is 7032 freely downloadable or will I need to use "other" methods to get it :eek:

Now that I am using Build 7000(and fargin loving it), I was chomping at the bit waiting for 7022,
THEN 7032 came out :p

Is 7032 freely downloadable or will I need to use "other" methods to get it :eek:

Unless you have an 'in' at Microsoft, you won't likely ever see it.

Back